Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Quick: Who created the most chances in the first half (either team)?

And who was Whoscored's highest rated forward in the game (either team)?

And who is getting crucified on here again even though he's been City's best striker so far this season?

Hint: The answer for all three is the same player, and this is his thread.

Nurah said:

And who is getting crucified on here again even though he's been City's best striker so far this season?

Hope you have your flame shield on cuz a shit storm is heading your way :P

Sell him in Jan, love the lad but he's just not suited to us, and never will be.

I don't want to slag him but he is shocking when he starts games, drives me nuts.

Nurah said:

The answer to your first question is probably Zabaleta.

No idea what your second question even means.

Why do you think Edin has been our best striker? Simply on goals scored?

What a fucking waste of space he was AGAIN. We can't keep banging on about how many goals he has scored.
his touch, passing, link up play is bordering embarassing most games.

Can someone please explain to me why Mancini chose to play game in this game?

For the record I like Dzeko and I am not singling him out, Aguero isnt always great but he is miles more consistent than Dzeko.

CTID101 said:
What a fucking waste of space he was AGAIN. We can't keep banging on about how many goals he has scored.

For the record I like Dzeko and I am not singling him out, Aguero isnt always great but he is miles more consistent than Dzeko.

It's funny how you completely shit on him and singled him out just before you said you're not singling him out. :)

Aguero hasn't actaully been that consistent in recent games, the goals he scored are masking his generally un-Kun like play. He has consistently had poor touch recently and not taken advatange of his chances (Poor touch when he was one-on-one with the the goalie against Real Madrid and today's header come to mind without trying too hard to recall). He has also given the ball up more than he usually does.

Bosno said:
CTID101 said:

It's funny how you completely shit on him and singled him out just before you said you're not singling him out. :)

Aguero hasn't actaully been that consistent in recent games, the goals he scored are masking his generally un-Kun like play. He has consistently had poor touch recently and not taken advatange of his chances (Poor touch when he was one-on-one with the the goalie against Real Madrid and today's header come to mind without trying too hard to recall). He has also given the ball up more than he usually does.

Look, the facts prove that Dzeko is important to us...but as a sub. He scores goals for fun and runs around a lot more!! He tries harder to get the ball rather than wait for the perfect delivery. When he plays a full game, he seems to pull out of 50-50 balls. It's a mystery. However, that said, we need him. He has scored very important goals for us...but we need him on OUR terms which is as a sub.

A man of his size should be making a nuisance of himself up front, but Luiz and especially Ivanovic had absolutely no problems with this tall striker who does not impose himself for some reason. It's one of the prerequisites of a lanky striker, to be a nuisance to defenders with body strength and in the air, but Ivanovic found it all too easy. Sad to say, unless we ever change to a 4-4-2 type system with wingers/crossing bombardments - which we won't, it isn't our footballing ethos - then he is a super-sub for me except against weaker sides where he might be a more effective starter (like Wigan). When we are desperate for a goal and showing urgency, we use a lot more long balls and crosses, that's probably why he is so effective off the bench in those situations. Won't blame him if he wants to move on to a side more suited to him stylistically, there are clubs he will flourish at, at the same time there are forwards out there more compatible with our style who might fit in better (such as Jovetic).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.