Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

LoveCity said:
A man of his size should be making a nuisance of himself up front, but Luiz and especially Ivanovic had absolutely no problems with this tall striker who does not impose himself for some reason. It's one of the prerequisites of a lanky striker, to be a nuisance to defenders with body strength and in the air, but Ivanovic found it all too easy. Sad to say, unless we ever change to a 4-4-2 type system with wingers/crossing bombardments - which we won't, it isn't our footballing ethos - then he is a super-sub for me except against weaker sides where he might be a more effective starter (like Wigan). When we are desperate for a goal and showing urgency, we use a lot more long balls and crosses, that's probably why he is so effective off the bench in those situations. Won't blame him if he wants to move on to a side more suited to him stylistically, there are clubs he will flourish at, at the same time there are forwards out there more compatible with our style who might fit in better (such as Jovetic).

This. I'm not slagging the guy off but he isn't suited to us.
If he was playing as the focal point it may work but he forever seems to find himself down the channels.
Mario came on for 10 mins and is a big guy and he headed straight down the middle, this is where Dzekos problems lie.

A complete waste of time today,he was neither aggressive or adventurous enough.Shouldn't have started and should certainly have been taken off at HT with Yaya pushed forward.

Bosno said:
CTID101 said:
What a fucking waste of space he was AGAIN. We can't keep banging on about how many goals he has scored.
his touch, passing, link up play is bordering embarassing most games.

Can someone please explain to me why Mancini chose to play game in this game?

For the record I like Dzeko and I am not singling him out, Aguero isnt always great but he is miles more consistent than Dzeko.

It's funny how you completely shit on him and singled him out just before you said you're not singling him out. :)

Aguero hasn't actaully been that consistent in recent games, the goals he scored are masking his generally un-Kun like play. He has consistently had poor touch recently and not taken advatange of his chances (Poor touch when he was one-on-one with the the goalie against Real Madrid and today's header come to mind without trying too hard to recall). He has also given the ball up more than he usually does.
I am not singling him out, I said for example Aguero isn't always great. I don't come on here every week slating him but today he was fucking awful.

He hasn't been great but at least he looks like he can play football 90% of the time.

FantasyIreland said:
A complete waste of time today,he was neither aggressive or adventurous enough.Shouldn't have started and should certainly have been taken off at HT with Yaya pushed forward.

yaya hasnt really been allowed to push forward since de jong left

Terrible today, he should never start.

I don't know if it's the combination of Tevez and Aguero tiring out defenders with their movement or if it's Dzeko getting riled up sitting on the bench for the majority of the game, but for some reason he is a completely different player when he comes off the bench.

r.soleofsalford said:
FantasyIreland said:

Garcia was on the bench,exactly the player we bought to allow such.

r.soleofsalford said:
FantasyIreland said:

Sunderland, Fulham and Real away can´t really remember other games this season were he was advanced and it has nothing to with De Jong being gone.

FantasyIreland said:
r.soleofsalford said:
FantasyIreland said:

Garcia was on the bench,exactly the player we bought to allow such.

as you might know, i dont call our players for the sake of it but, garcia needs time before he can hopefully be the play nige is and was for us

Like playing with 10 men again. Garbage. He's there to win header but he barely fucking jumps. Like a fucking elephant. Offered nothing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.