Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

We really are spoilt little brats now aren't we? I still remember the likes of Lee Bradbury......how many of you guys would like to swap Dzeko for Bradbury then?

I admit Dzeko's first half against Real Madrid was not so hot (his 2nd half was pretty solid), but today Dzeko played great. He showed big improvement.

I actually counted his bad passes until he was subbed out. And by that point Dzeko had 3 bad passes, while Aguero had 5. Dzeko had more successful passes than Aguero. By the way our midfield had a lot of bad passes as well.

Let's look at some of the highlights of Dzeko's play. Zabaleta had a great game, but one of the reasons Zabaleta was so threatening, is because of the space Dzeko created for him.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BEawKq3-m0[/youtube]

Dzeko takes criticism for bad first touch, but really is this a bad first touch or an impossible pass?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzO56qWOmX0[/youtube]

He also unfairly gets accused of being slow, some of that I think it's because he's so much taller than both Aguero and Tevez, that even when he is actually being fast he just looks slower. In any case it doesn't prevent him from chasing the ball and winning corners.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITYI2D88PbA[/youtube]

That height is why Dzeko displays aerial dominance.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqvp8kVavq4[/youtube]

Dzeko's linkup play is just fine.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-1y2YSLank[/youtube]

Dzeko had a good game, unfortunately his job is scoring and he didn't manage to score, but neither did all the other strikers in today's match.

God, people are fickle. Doesn't take many bad games for the "touch of an elephant" brigade to return. The rest of the team hardly set the world alight today, either...

How are you calling that last video good link up play? Lol
He ran forward and put the ball across.

You have made videos of things he did well, how about what he did wrong today eg every other second apart from them moments.

Look he had a bad game today so did others but when players like Aguero have a based game you still just think there is a chance to score with Dzeko he just looks complete rubbish and almost applaud Mancini taking him off.

CTID101 said:

You have made videos of things he did well, how about what he did wrong today eg every other second apart from them moments.

Look he had a bad game today so did others but when players like Aguero have a based game you still just think there is a chance to score with Dzeko he just looks complete rubbish and almost applaud Mancini taking him off.
He read Silva's intention really well, and dropped the ball in the box, no one was there to capitalize. I've also shown the link up play with Zabaleta.

Like I said I counted bad passes and Aguero had more than Dzeko. Dzeko was the better of the two today. So if you want to call him rubbish than you are also calling Aguero rubbish.

Dzeko, Aguero & Tevez have their strengths and weaknesses that most of us agrees on, so hopefully Mancini will find the right formula to get the best out of them.

noise said:
CTID101 said:

He read Silva's intention really well, and dropped the ball in the box, no one was there to capitalize. I've also shown the link up play with Zabaleta.

Like I said I counted bad passes and Aguero had more than Dzeko. Dzeko was the better of the two today. So if you want to call him rubbish than you are also calling Aguero rubbish.
I would hope he did, he is a pro footballer on 100k+ a week. Jesus you make him sound he read a pass no one else in the same position would and so we should applaud him for that .

Look I get you love Dzeko but he was very poor today so stop trying to find things that he did well i wont change my mind. Aguero wasn't great but looked far more alive than Dzeko, he came looking for the ball and tried to make things happen. Dzeko was scarecrow like 90% of the game.

CTID101 said:
noise said:
CTID101 said:

I would hope he did, he is a pro footballer on 100k+ a week. Jesus you make him sound he read a pass no one else in the same position would and so we should applaud him for that .

Look I get you love Dzeko but he was very poor today so stop trying to find things that he did well i wont change my mind. Aguero wasn't great but looked far more alive than Dzeko, he came looking for the ball and tried to make things happen. Dzeko was scarecrow like 90% of the game.
Look I get you hate Dzeko, but I showed you already why I thought he he wasn't bad. In video clips. Even the blind haters like yourself, can't deny his contribution showed in those clips.

noise said:
CTID101 said:
noise said:

Look I get you hate Dzeko, but I showed you already why I thought he had a good game. In video clips. Video clips don't lie. Even the blind haters like yourself, can't deny that.

How can any blue hate Dzeko with the number of important goals he gets for us. Beggars belief.

Pam said:
noise said:
CTID101 said:

Look I get you hate Dzeko, but I showed you already why I thought he had a good game. In video clips. Video clips don't lie. Even the blind haters like yourself, can't deny that.

How can any blue hate Dzeko with the number of important goals he gets for us. Beggars belief.
I ask myself the same question every time he's called rubbish or a scarecrow. It's been a recurring theme in this thread. The same people when he scores or almost single-handedly gets us 3 points, are nowhere to be found.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.