Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

noise said:
I admit Dzeko's first half against Real Madrid was not so hot (his 2nd half was pretty solid), but today Dzeko played great. He showed big improvement.

I actually counted his bad passes until he was subbed out. And by that point Dzeko had 3 bad passes, while Aguero had 5. Dzeko had more successful passes than Aguero. By the way our midfield had a lot of bad passes as well.

Let's look at some of the highlights of Dzeko's play. Zabaleta had a great game, but one of the reasons Zabaleta was so threatening, is because of the space Dzeko created for him.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BEawKq3-m0[/youtube]

Dzeko takes criticism for bad first touch, but really is this a bad first touch or an impossible pass?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzO56qWOmX0[/youtube]

He also unfairly gets accused of being slow, some of that I think it's because he's so much taller than both Aguero and Tevez, that even when he is actually being fast he just looks slower. In any case it doesn't prevent him from chasing the ball and winning corners.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITYI2D88PbA[/youtube]

That height is why Dzeko displays aerial dominance.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqvp8kVavq4[/youtube]

Dzeko's linkup play is just fine.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-1y2YSLank[/youtube]

Dzeko had a good game, unfortunately his job is scoring and he didn't manage to score, but neither did all the other strikers in today's match.
Who are you trying to convince mate? He was absolutely pathetic again.

Dzeko was garbish again, I do agree with when people say Aguero etc get away with it which I think they do at times. Aguero was awful, bad running, bad passing took his only chance of the game poorly and slips again. I love Aguero but he can't get away with it and Edin gets all the blame.

All in all both was poor but Edin is poor more than he is wonderful.

I watched the game again later on last night and was surprised that Edin had some nice touches yesterday, he set up Aguero for his poor header for example. He was certainly no worse than Kun and played better than I'd remembered. I'm not convinced that Kun and Edin are a good starting pair, Kun doesn't seem to want to ever pass to him and the service in to the box from out wide was frequent but the quality of the actual ball was poor, especially from Kolarov's corners which didn't get past the first chelsea player half the time.

when Edin comes from the bench City are usually behind and chasing the game, hence use a more direct and quick approach which suits Edin (with the fact that he is running at tired defenders)

when Edin starts City play slow build-up, short intricate passing with lots of movement, he's not good at it...so there is the reason why he is shit when he starts...

so the real question is when starting him, why not play quick, direct, attacking football that has seen him score goals this season, because without it he's pretty much useless...

and as for yesterday I'm not sure he was shit, but he surely does take all the blame...

I really wonder why Dzeko fans hate Aguero so much.
If it weren't for Kun, Edin would receive less than half the assists he usually gets.

southstand117 said:
Dzekos Smile said:
Dzeko is a confidence player, give him a few more starts he will start scoring for fun ;-)
Absolute bullshit. I've said this previously in this thread, he started 10 games in a row last season and scored 1 goal(Wigan away) roberto needs to use dzeko what he's best at and that's coming off the bench.

Dzeko has NEVER started 10 Games in a row while playing for City so just stop spreading false Stats.
On another note, you are absolutely right that he's better of the bench.

southstand117 said:
Dzekos Smile said:
Dzeko is a confidence player, give him a few more starts he will start scoring for fun ;-)
Absolute bullshit. I've said this previously in this thread, he started 10 games in a row last season and scored 1 goal(Wigan away) roberto needs to use dzeko what he's best at and that's coming off the bench.

That's easy to explain. Edin gets his confidence boost at game number 11.

all of our strikers failed to do much yesterday.

i'd have personally swapped dzeko and tevez and brought edin on at 60 mins.

Not amazing in general but at least half of our chances came from his play.. Zabaleta, Aguero and the one Cole could easily send to his own net were our best chances and he was the source for each of them..

our best striker yesterday though it was not hard to achieve considering how crap game Aguero had.

he started 10 games in a row last season

Lol

Stop with the confidence player bullshit, how much more confidence do you need after being trusted to start against Real Madrid and Chelsea?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.