Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Some people are saying Dzeko was shite. Either we didn't watch the same game or they don't know what football is.

The whole team was awful. Dzeko did better than Aguero and I think even better than Tevez.

To some people here - Edin is good only when he saves the team by scoring alone, while everyone else, Aguero and Tevez included, are good when they don't score, don't pass, don't assist and don't link up. He did the best a striker could do in a game where our midfield was getting destroyed by Chelsea.

WimbledonRd said:
Some people are saying Dzeko was shite. Either we didn't watch the same game or they don't know what football is.

The whole team was awful. Dzeko did better than Aguero and I think even better than Tevez.

To some people here - Edin is good only when he saves the team by scoring alone, while everyone else, Aguero and Tevez included, are good when they don't score, don't pass, don't assist and don't link up. He did the best a striker could do in a game where our midfield was getting destroyed by Chelsea.

Absolutely certain we were watching a different game

Checked the stats and we had more possession (58-42), made more passes (520-382), had more corners and more shots - in a game 'where our midfield was getting destroyed by Chelsea' ?

I think you'd put the wrong tv channel on WimbledonRd

fablue said:
I really wonder why Dzeko fans hate Aguero so much.
If it weren't for Kun, Edin would receive less than half the assists he usually gets.
Aguero is just the latest target to deflect any and all criticism as coming from "haters." Previously it was Balotelli. Now it appears that Balotelli will be leaving in one of the next two transfer windows, so there has to be a new target. For a while they waffled between Tevez and Aguero, but it appears they've finally settled on who to scapegoat as taking chances away from Dzeko. If Balotelli and Aguero went, they would blame Tevez and if Tevez went, they would blame the midfield for not "properly supporting" Dzeko. This whole exercise is about absolving their favorite player of all responsibility. His fans even get to start forum discussions that last hundreds of pages trashing our other players and have explicitly admitted to starting them to take the heat off Dzeko.

Because nothing about City matters. Only Dzeko's stats matter. A huge majority of his fans would gladly see City relegated as long as Dzeko starts and scores, and then they would happily see him transfer elsewhere because we would no longer be good enough for Dzeko. And then they would flee this forum like rats off a sinking ship.

No17 said:
when Edin comes from the bench City are usually behind and chasing the game, hence use a more direct and quick approach which suits Edin (with the fact that he is running at tired defenders)

when Edin starts City play slow build-up, short intricate passing with lots of movement, he's not good at it...so there is the reason why he is shit when he starts...

so the real question is when starting him, why not play quick, direct, attacking football that has seen him score goals this season, because without it he's pretty much useless...

and as for yesterday I'm not sure he was shit, but he surely does take all the blame...
Nail on the head mate..unfortunate for him that starting Tevez and Aguero and then bringing him on later works for us..I think he could live with being a champion agian and leading scorer though ! I dont think he gets as upset about it as his fans do ! Quality football and quality guy

Labatt Blue said:
No17 said:
when Edin comes from the bench City are usually behind and chasing the game, hence use a more direct and quick approach which suits Edin (with the fact that he is running at tired defenders)

when Edin starts City play slow build-up, short intricate passing with lots of movement, he's not good at it...so there is the reason why he is shit when he starts...

so the real question is when starting him, why not play quick, direct, attacking football that has seen him score goals this season, because without it he's pretty much useless...

and as for yesterday I'm not sure he was shit, but he surely does take all the blame...
Nail on the head mate..unfortunate for him that starting Tevez and Aguero and then bringing him on later works for us..I think he could live with being a champion agian and leading scorer though ! I dont think he gets as upset about it as his fans do ! Quality football and quality guy
Also this. Edin Dzeko is a quality player that doesn't quite fit our normal system and he's a really quality guy too. I love him and am always glad to see him in our squad and to see him succeed.

taconinja said:
fablue said:
If it weren't for Kun, Edin would receive less than half the assists he usually gets.
Aguero is just the latest target to deflect any and all criticism as coming from "haters." Previously it was Balotelli. Now it appears that Balotelli will be leaving in one of the next two transfer windows, so there has to be a new target. For a while they waffled between Tevez and Aguero, but it appears they've finally settled on who to scapegoat as taking chances away from Dzeko. If Balotelli and Aguero went, they would blame Tevez and if Tevez went, they would blame the midfield for not "properly supporting" Dzeko. This whole exercise is about absolving their favorite player of all responsibility. His fans even get to start forum discussions that last hundreds of pages trashing our other players and have explicitly admitted to starting them to take the heat off Dzeko.

Because nothing about City matters. Only Dzeko's stats matter. A huge majority of his fans would gladly see City relegated as long as Dzeko starts and scores, and then they would happily see him transfer elsewhere because we would no longer be good enough for Dzeko. And then they would flee this forum like rats off a sinking ship.
LOL they are ridiculous sometimes in their defence of him..hopefully they are teenagers and then its perfectly OK

taconinja said:
fablue said:

it seem you forgot the manager. they abuse the manager when edin dont play , even if city win.

you dont see a word against the manager when he play dzeko , even if city lose.

dzeko is a good player and a great guy , i think he deserve better fans.

WimbledonRd said:

Agreed. Goal.com's pundit Ewan Roberts was also watching Wimbledon:

image.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.