Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

SamTheGuru said:
So to summarise:

- Players do not want to pass to Dzeko (Even though he gives the ball away EVERY time they do, I still fail to see how Tevez is 10 times the target man Dzeko is!)
- He needs a run of games (He has now had that and has gone back to his shit best)
- We need to adapt our entire style of play to playing with out and out wingers so we can knock crosses into him(because we were high flying at 2nd in the league with Petrov and SWP)
- He is not a fast player like Aguero (So this excuses him from pressuring the opposition throughout the entire game.
- He sometimes scores when he comes on with 10 mins to go.

Lol, fail to see any of your points. It's OK tho, I don't read idiot.

On another note Josip Simunic said "Who would be in your personal FIFA FIFPro World XI 2012?
I'd have Gianluigi Buffon in goal; Jordi Alba, Carlos Puyol, David Luiz and Darjio Srna at the back; Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in midfield and Falcao and Edin Dzeko up front."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=1967479/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminar ... index.html</a>

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
SamTheGuru said:
So to summarise:

- Players do not want to pass to Dzeko (Even though he gives the ball away EVERY time they do, I still fail to see how Tevez is 10 times the target man Dzeko is!)
- He needs a run of games (He has now had that and has gone back to his shit best)
- We need to adapt our entire style of play to playing with out and out wingers so we can knock crosses into him(because we were high flying at 2nd in the league with Petrov and SWP)
- He is not a fast player like Aguero (So this excuses him from pressuring the opposition throughout the entire game.

On another note Josip Simunic said "Who would be in your personal FIFA FIFPro World XI 2012?
I'd have Gianluigi Buffon in goal; Jordi Alba, Carlos Puyol, David Luiz and Darjio Srna at the back; Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in midfield and Falcao and Edin Dzeko up front."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=1967479/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminar ... index.html</a>
Yeah.... that makes a world of difference.

Srna in a world XI, I lol'd.

The way I see this thread (in short):

- When we win and Dzeko plays great - he is OK (at best).
- When we win and Dzeko plays average to good - he sucks.
- When we win and Dzeko plays bad - he sucks.

- When we lose or draw and Dzeko plays great - he sucks.
- When we lose or draw and Dzeko plays average to good - he sucks.
- When we lose or draw and Dzeko plays bad - he sucks.

- When everyone else sucks as well (quite often this season) - he is the one to blame.
- When our midfield fails miserably and Dzeko is starting - it's his fault.
- When our defence concedes 3 goals and he's playing - it's Dzeko.
- When Aguero and Tevez miss sitters and we end up drawing, Dzeko fails to score in 5 minutes he gets - Dzeko sucks.

Am I going in the right direction with this...cause this is how a lot of people on this thread evaluate Edin. and that's a fact. Sad fact - but fact.

EaglesFan said:

- When everyone else sucks as well (quite often this season) - he is the one to blame.
- When Aguero and Tevez miss sitters and we end up drawing, Dzeko fails to score in 5 minutes he gets - Dzeko sucks.

Am I going in the right direction with this...cause this is how a lot of people on this thread evaluate Edin. and that's a fact. Sad fact - but fact.

The problem is the belligerent nature of some peoples views; it happens with Mario and Edin. You get some people that feel SO strongly that it makes people almost want to go the other way more.

Some people overrate Edin far too much, so that people post such a counter view, more to awgue with the original poster, than to knock Edin.

The simple fact is neither Edin or Mario are as good as Sergio or Tevez. Nowhere near as good in fact.

Edin is a decent player, he can find the back of the net, but he doesn't give enough to the team all round, and it has been proven he is MUCH better as a sub, when Tevez and Sergio have worn the defenders down and Edin comes on to give them an entirely different threat.

EaglesFan said:

Interpretations like this is why this thread is 212 pages

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
SamTheGuru said:
So to summarise:

Lol, Simunic is saying utter nonsense. Dzeko in front of RVP, just to name one? Bollocks. As big as one of you expecting that would be considered as any argument.

Joe bloody Simunic???

I hope Dzeko doesn't start against Reading, he's terrible. We need to start a new winning streak and I don't see it happeneing with Dzeko.

Some of the comments on here about Edin being shite, crap etc are a disgrace.

But then again there have been recent threads on Bluemoan slating Kolo, Samir and Javi. No doubt Edin will move on and be a great success elsewhere. Over the years City fans have slagged off the following, who all went on to prove the fans wrong -

Joe Corrigan - went on to play for England and a City legend
Tony Towers - went on to play for Sunderland and England
Ian Bowyer - went on to win the European Cup with Forest
Colin Barrett - went on to win the European Cup with Forest
Paul Power - went on to win the Premiership with Everton

I have no doubt that Edin will go on to great success elsewhere and once again prove the fans wrong.

No point singling out individuals.

When we win we win as a team , when we lose we lose as a team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.