Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

spamalot said:
With 30 minutes to go Edin came on and showed good movement, held it up well and put a header just over the bar.

The goal was a punt out and Edin took it well on his thigh , controlled it and played it out to the wing. He then took 3 defenders with him to the near post. Silva put in a great cross and Barry then had a one on one with Shorey and out jumped him. Shorey didn't appear to jump.

Barry then celebrated by running to the corner flag with the East Stand. Edin and others then sprinted over to celebrate wildly with Barry and team-mates at the corner flag.

Reading had every man behind the ball today, Rekik had a good debut, Zaba MOM and Nastacic played well.

It's pretty funny to watch the sense of urgency and anxiety when Dzeko gets subbed in, by opposing teams. If he doesn't score he sure creates space. It really messes with the defenses, because their best defender may also be the tallest man, which now has to mark Dzeko instead of the other striker.

As someone who's always supported Dzeko in our starting 11, I can't deny how impactful he can be when subbed in.

I wish Sinclair passed to Dzeko on that one run in to the box, I think that would have probably been a goal.

noise said:
spamalot said:
With 30 minutes to go Edin came on and showed good movement, held it up well and put a header just over the bar.

The goal was a punt out and Edin took it well on his thigh , controlled it and played it out to the wing. He then took 3 defenders with him to the near post. Silva put in a great cross and Barry then had a one on one with Shorey and out jumped him. Shorey didn't appear to jump.

Barry then celebrated by running to the corner flag with the East Stand. Edin and others then sprinted over to celebrate wildly with Barry and team-mates at the corner flag.

Reading had every man behind the ball today, Rekik had a good debut, Zaba MOM and Nastacic played well.

It's pretty funny to watch the sense of urgency and anxiety when Dzeko gets subbed in, by opposing teams. If he doesn't score he sure creates space. It really messes with the defenses, because their best defender may also be the tallest man, which now has to mark Dzeko instead of the other striker.

As someone who's always supported Dzeko in our starting 11, I can't deny how impactful he can be when subbed in.

I wish Sinclair passed to Dzeko on that one run in to the box, I think that would have probably been a goal.

Tremendous word, rarely used.

Played well when he came on , created alot of space and good movement.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Aphex said:
I read these threads with a great amount of amusement.

It's quite simple, you back every player in your team. You are not the manager, you haven't won the FA Cup, the Community Shield or the Premiership with these players - of which all have hard a part to play.

Enough said really.
lol if that was the case the forum would be pretty fucking boring and pointless

I had a moment of madness there...

noise said:
spamalot said:

They never pass to him, nor cross the ball properly to him.

Eagles Fan you are correct , you do not appreciate something until it has gone.

This year my father celebrated 80 years of watching Manchester City, and I asked him to name the top stickers he has seen over his lifetime, he wrote them down -

Eric Brook
Fred Tilson
Peter Doherty
Bobby Johnston
Joe Hayes
Colin Bell
Francis Lee
Mike Summerbee
Dennis Tueart
Carlos Tevez
Sergio Aguerro
and Edin Dzeko

He says the best was Bell, followed by nDoherty and Brook.

However Imwas delighted that he named Edin in there.

spamalot said:

This year my father celebrated 80 years of watching Manchester City, and I asked him to name the top stickers he has seen over his lifetime, he wrote them down -

Eric Brook
Fred Tilson
Peter Doherty
Bobby Johnston
Joe Hayes
Colin Bell
Francis Lee
Mike Summerbee
Dennis Tueart
Carlos Tevez
Sergio Aguerro
and Edin Dzeko

It's quite refreshing to read something positive after endless moaning and bitching on this tread (and other x00-page treads before) about Dzeko especially since it comes from a guy that has seen all other true City legends. TBH, Dzeko is NOT city legend. Close, but not yet! Unfortunately we haven't seen best of him and that is actually sad part.

All I dream about is ONE fucking game where HE is center of attacks with balls whipped into box by Maicon, Clichy, Milner, Silva, whoever.. If he doesn't score and win us a game, bench him until sold !! And for those that say "that is not our game style and he should adapt to our play" - shut da F up, cuz 'tiki-taka' is not winning us games at the moment using our sub 2meter spanish players.

Let's not forget, we won title last year only due to goal difference and tremendous luck (they lost to Wigan and drew Everton in the last 6-7 games). I believe your father appreciates the fact that Edin is one of the main reasons of that historic achievement that many here do not recognize. Pretty pathetic!

spamalot said:

Eric Brook
Fred Tilson
Peter Doherty
Bobby Johnston
Joe Hayes
Colin Bell
Francis Lee
Mike Summerbee
Dennis Tueart
Carlos Tevez
Sergio Aguerro
and Edin Dzeko

I never collected stickers. But if he can include Summerbee in a list of City's best-ever strikers then I suppose Edin could get in the list. No Trev, no Marsh, no Law, no Young (better goal return than Summerbee)?

Vic spoke with my old fella and he concurs that Neil Young should have been included. As for the other three he said they were great players but never won us anything and he said -

- Marsh incredible skill but not a team player

- Law had his best days at Utd

- Francis was unbelievable but only one season and injury prone.

But you are correct add Nelly Young to the list

spamalot said:
Vic spoke with my old fella and he concurs that Neil Young should have been included. As for the other three he said they were great players but never won us anything and he said -

- Marsh incredible skill but not a team player

- Law had his best days at Utd

- Francis was unbelievable but only one season and injury prone.

But you are correct add Nelly Young to the list

I should think so too :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.