Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

IMHO Edin has been growing, game on game this season

he does occasionally have a bad touch, and he is a confidence player
but his performances are drwaing more and more plaudits and I fell that he will go fowm strength to strength at City, especially if Bobby continues his experiments with a bit more width and crossing (albeit a fledgling experiment) that we saw in th
e latter stages of today's game.

Go Dzeko !!!

Keep 'em coming M8 !!!

dom said:
IMHO Edin has been growing, game on game this season

he does occasionally have a bad touch, and he is a confidence player
but his performances are drwaing more and more plaudits and I fell that he will go fowm strength to strength at City, especially if Bobby continues his experiments with a bit more width and crossing (albeit a fledgling experiment) that we saw in th
e latter stages of today's game.

Go Dzeko !!!

Keep 'em coming M8 !!!

+1

noise said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
Most people on the board rate Kun as our best striker. I love Kun, so this isn't meant to tear him down, but to show how good Edin is also.

In play, league goals, since Kun was signed:

Kun: 26 goals in 3819 minutes
Edin: 23 goals in 2298 minutes

Kun has 3 more goals in 1521 more minutes.

Kun is also the penalty taker. Not to say those are easy goals, they aren't, but they do boost a players stats a bit.

Kun is one helluva player, world class. The stats do speak to Dzeko's goal scoring efficiency though.

As far as the decision to start Dzeko today goes, Stoke are known to be very dangerous from set pieces, Dzeko was going to be picked no matter what for his set piece defense support.

Just to clarify, these numbers are "in play" only, meaning they don't count pens. I've never even seen Edin take a pen for City, so I was trying to make an apples to apples comparison.

I believe Kun has 5 additional league goals (31 total), if you include pens.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
noise said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
Most people on the board rate Kun as our best striker. I love Kun, so this isn't meant to tear him down, but to show how good Edin is also.

Kun is also the penalty taker. Not to say those are easy goals, they aren't, but they do boost a players stats a bit.

Kun is one helluva player, world class. The stats do speak to Dzeko's goal scoring efficiency though.

As far as the decision to start Dzeko today goes, Stoke are known to be very dangerous from set pieces, Dzeko was going to be picked no matter what for his set piece defense support.

Just to clarify, these numbers are "in play" only, meaning they don't count pens. I've never even seen Edin take a pen for City, so I was trying to make an apples to apples comparison.

I believe Kun has 5 additional league goals (31 total), if you include pens.

Ahh wasn't sure if those were included. I stand corrected, thanks for the explanation!

adrianr said:
lizzkyk said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

judging by the stats dzeko should start every game, with tevez or aguero behind him.
unfortunately he's inconsistent.

Aguero is also inconsistent. We haven't honestly had a hugely consistent striker since Tevez was on his own up top dragging the team. Aguero also seems to have great trouble scoring away from home which is as baffling as it is frustrating.

I do beleive that we have enough of a sample from enough games to say that if we're going to play two strikers, Aguero and Dzeko are the best pairing we can field. Balotelli if he stays here long enough could fight his way in. Tevez has to go though. He just doesnt understand how a team without him leading it should function. Probably why he doesn't get a look in for Argentina either. He would be best at another team where he can be the main man.

The only reason we should get rid of Dzeko is if he wants to go. He is also good enough to be the main man somewhere, and if that isn't going to be here then so be it.

im not really convinced with this aguero dzeko partnership, but its working nicely at the moment. dont know if tevez will leave/stay but i believe he;s going to be a key player alognside silva and nasri this season (when yaya leaves for the ACON) There are a lot of REASONS why tevez doesnt get a call up for argentina, (non football related)
shame aguero keeps getting injured, cant play all games for 90 minutes. i'd like to see dzeko and tevez playing next game vs watford. i wouldnt drop edin, but knowing mancini he'll give mario another chance.

Great game today.Created so much space for Aguero.
Our best partnership by the length of the proverbial street at the moment.

lizzkyk said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

judging by the stats dzeko should start every game, with tevez or aguero behind him.
unfortunately he's inconsistent.

inconsistently consistent?

Due to aguero's injury he'll now have to play both the watford and arsenal games, he's bang in form and scoring so keep up the good work edin.

ban-mcfc said:
Due to aguero's injury he'll now have to play both the watford and arsenal games, he's bang in form and scoring so keep up the good work edin.
hopefully he can get a few against Watford to keep his confidence on the rise and then he will be at his absolute best against Arsenal, where we will need it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.