Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

greasedupdeafguy said:
brian the blue said:
LongsightM13 said:
The Tevez-Aguero partnership only looked good against Norwich away, imo.
I've seen little or no evidence of it being especially effective since then

Agreed. Tevez and Aguero eliminates the possibility of goals from crosses because they're so small and such similar players.

Just looking at the Fulham match, there were countless times we had great build up, worked the ball wide and then either had to play back because no one was in the middle, or we crossed and it was easily dealt with as neither Aguero or Tevez are good in the air.

For me, one of Balotelli and Edin should play with one of Aguero and Tevez, and at the minute our first choice partnership should be Dzeko and Aguero.
Should it fuck, Tevez and Aguero are our best two strikers, havent we won everygame when these two have started together? Plus we dont even have any decent crossers of the ball so Dzeko wouldnt get any decent service.

The fact our strongest team includes Nasri and Silva would suggest our play is designed not to throw in high crosses but to use a more intricate method of opening teams up. We dont just swing it in as a rule but open teams up. Aguero and Tevez can both score in these situations. Examplke being against Fulham where the cross was fired in low, diverted by Silva and finished by Aguero.

Aguero and Tevez would be first choice for me every week. That is not a slight on Dzeko. 6 games into the season and people are stating Dzeko should we first choice along another. I doubt many would have said that at the end of last season.

greasedupdeafguy said:
brian the blue said:
LongsightM13 said:
The Tevez-Aguero partnership only looked good against Norwich away, imo.
I've seen little or no evidence of it being especially effective since then

Agreed. Tevez and Aguero eliminates the possibility of goals from crosses because they're so small and such similar players.

Just looking at the Fulham match, there were countless times we had great build up, worked the ball wide and then either had to play back because no one was in the middle, or we crossed and it was easily dealt with as neither Aguero or Tevez are good in the air.

For me, one of Balotelli and Edin should play with one of Aguero and Tevez, and at the minute our first choice partnership should be Dzeko and Aguero.
Should it fuck, Tevez and Aguero are our best two strikers, havent we won everygame when these two have started together? Plus we dont even have any decent crossers of the ball so Dzeko wouldnt get any decent service.

We dont nave any decent crossers of the ball? Are you certain?

Just something to think about:

Goals scored this season (not including Capital One Cup) with (without) Dzeko on the pitch:

12 (2)*

*As is the case with all statistics this is merely a case for possible correlation, not a point regarding causality.

Ragnarok said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
brian the blue said:

We dont nave any decent crossers of the ball? Are you certain?
Our full backs provide our width, would you say Zaba and Clichy are good crossers?. Kolarov is okay but I cant see him starting apart from against the 'weaker' sides at home.

I was ridiculed early on when Dzeko was adapting to the premier league when I said he needed time to adjust. I also said he needs to be supported and shown love from us the fans. The rewards will come. He is the ultimate professional and hard worker and nice guy. We need to embrace such players, instead of taking swings at them whenever a chance is presented.

Now the other thing I said was that we need a balanced forward line. Aguero and dzeko are an IDEAL tandem. Aguero with the speed agility and finesse nd dzeko with the size unselfishness and headers. I don't like that Mancini hasn't given more time for them 2 to play together as I feel that they could develop into THE best striking duo in the world.

Now I know that would mean less games and minutes for tevez and Mario. Mario needs to be the #4 choice for sure considering he hasn't shown much at city all things considered. On the contrary he has shown he can be a liability more than an impact player!

Tevez... I just don't fn like! Period. I'll never forget How he quit on my CHAMPIONSHIp team last season. Let me restate that. I will NEVER, ever forget that. He's selfish and he has proven it. I admire how hard he plays and acknowledge that he's a good player, but he just doesn't have my trust and won't regain it again. If it was up to me, I'd sell him in jan or july and bring in another striker.

Just my thoughts. A fan from the united states, and what do we know about football, right? ;) cheers!

Guessing Edin will be a topic on Blue Tuesday tomorrow. Just been collared by GMR outside the store asking about him.

I'll say this right now, and will probably get heat by many (but my opinion will not change regardless):

- In order to have perfect attack you have to have one Tevez/Aguero-like player and one Dzeko-like player, in order to have variety, to have options.

I think "we won every game with Tevez and Aguero" statements are biased. We might have, but I'm sure Dzeko and Mario took big part in those wins (see QPR, etc. etc.). And even if they didnt - who is to say we wouldnt win those games with either pairing with Aguero/Tevez???

I think for City, best attacking partnership would be Aguero and Dzeko or Cavani or Ibrahimovic or alikes (pick one classic CF you like for those who clearly dislike Dzeko).

Tevez and Aguero are NOT the best duo City can have - as they are both players of same style, who give you nothing in certain aspects of the game (air duels, hold up with defenders on your back).

Just see Barca in last year CL finals - they just had noone to go away from tippy-tappy (our preferred style of play) when they HAD TO, when Chelsea clogged up the middle - and I'm pretty sure some were regretting not having Ibra at that time.

There, I said it :-)

Well then its Dzeko paired with Tevez/ Kun / Ballotelli.. because Mario needs the ball at his feet. So he can dive and look for the free one. The Argentines are the best pair week in and out... But there is certainly no reason to start them every week. We'll have the dead tired 11 we had last year coming down to the wire. There has to be rotation up front...and not an 86th minute substitution. We are introducing new players in the middle and back, need some stability some where... More worried about Silva.. lack of fitness... physical or mental? Both?
He doesn't have the same intensity as early last season. When he catches his stride, the scoring will start. When we resume pressing like last year the clean sheets will start.
Spoken like a true midfielder.....

What a fantastic finish he produced in the game against Fulham. We're forgetting to smell the roses. He was wrestling a defender for the ball near the six yard box, was sidestepping backwards veering further away from the goal and creamed a beauty with the odds stacked against flush into the top corner. A beauty of a goal, you see so many from similar situations go high and wide, he cracked an absolute beauty. It should get a lot of credit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.