Re: Edin Dzeko

You know what...like Kolorov before him...I'm really warming to Ed

Took me a long while to get my head around him

He's not a terrier running round after every ball

But he is a goalscorer...and a very good one at that

I for one, would be made up if he signs a new contract

noise said:
Lewandowski has a 150 minutes per goal ratio. While Dzeko has a 135 (or 136) minutes per goal (same in Wolfsburg as in City).

It's like I'm banging my head into a brick wall with this thread, it really is. I don't know how many times I can say that, despite goals being the most important thing you want from a striker, they aren't the only thing that you want from them.

Lets just say I agree with your stats, what you're saying is that it takes Lewandowski and extra 15 minutes to score a goal that Dzeko. That's not a huge difference if we're being honest. Does that difference equate to being more or less important than Lewandowski's other skills, skills that he possesses that Dzeko does not?

Dzeko is, possibly, a marginally better goalscorer than Lewandowski, not a huge differenece, but a slight one.

Lewandowski is a better footballer than Dzeko, when it comes to all aspects of his game, passing, movement, control, pace etc.

Matty said:
noise said:
Lewandowski has a 150 minutes per goal ratio. While Dzeko has a 135 (or 136) minutes per goal (same in Wolfsburg as in City).

It's like I'm banging my head into a brick wall with this thread, it really is. I don't know how many times I can say that, despite goals being the most important thing you want from a striker, they aren't the only thing that you want from them.

Sure, but people have the right to disagree...

bluebobom said:
Matty said:
noise said:

Sure, but people have the right to disagree...

I can disagree that the world is round, doesn't make me right.

People can have the opinion that goals are all that's important from a striker. Having that opinion is fine, but that doesn't make that opinion valid. It isn't. You simply can't look just at goals scored, or goals per minute ratio and go "but Player A scored more goals than Player B so therefore he's better", that's not how football works.

Groundhog season yet again with the factions ably led by Commander Matty and General Noise.

God help us all if Edin signs a new 5 year contract. The debate on this forum will rival the Napoleonic Wars in length and victims!

ps

I would be quite pleased if he did renew his contract (sorry Matty).

jollylescott said:
Groundhog season yet again with the factions ably led by Commander Matty and General Noise.

God help us all if Edin signs a new 5 year contract. The debate on this forum will rival the Napoleonic Wars in length and victims!

ps

I would be quite pleased if he did renew his contract (sorry Matty).

You see, this is the issue, I don't hate Dzeko, in fact look at my quote from a few days ago.....

There was a point last season where I felt the time had come for City and Dzeko to go their separate ways, for the good of both parties. Then we saw the real value of Dzeko, when Aguero and Jovetic were injured, and Negredo was in terrible form, it was Dzeko leading the line and, even when not playing too well, scoring the goals. We wouldn't be current Premier League Champions if it wasn't for Dzeko's contribution post Christmas. I wouldn't be disappointed if Dzeko signed a contract extension at this stage, as long as he's still scoring, and he's willing to accept that, on some occasions, he won't be the preferred starting option.

I just believe Dzeko has deficiencies in his game, and there are several better strikers out there, Lewandowski being one of them. The issue I have is when people are unable to see Dzeko as anything other than a brilliant footballer, and argue using manipulated and carefully selected "facts" to try and prove their point, whilst ignoring the fact that their "point" isn't actually relevant to what's being said.

Matty said:
noise said:

Lets just say I agree with your stats, what you're saying is that it takes Lewandowski and extra 15 minutes to score a goal that Dzeko. That's not a huge difference if we're being honest. Does that difference equate to being more or less important than Lewandowski's other skills, skills that he possesses that Dzeko does not?

Dzeko is, possibly, a marginally better goalscorer than Lewandowski, not a huge differenece, but a slight one.

Lewandowski is a better footballer than Dzeko, when it comes to all aspects of his game, passing, movement, control, pace etc.

Or you can put it like this:

Lewandowski is, possibly, a marginally better overall player than Dzeko, not a huge difference, but a slight one.

Dzeko is better than Lewandowski, when it comes to scoring goals.

Since the goals are the most important thing you want from a striker than Dzeko > Lewandowski

Zizi4City said:
Matty said:
noise said:

Or you can put it like this:

Lewandowski is, possibly, a marginally better overall player than Dzeko, not a huge difference, but a slight one.

Dzeko is better than Lewandowski, when it comes to scoring goals.

Since the goals are the most important thing you want from a striker than Dzeko > Lewandowski

You really are JUST a fanboy and not a City fan !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.