Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Big Edin seized his chance last season and has worked hard, he was stunning at the end of last season and excellent against Newcastle on Sunday. He's certainly won me over with his improved work rate, ball control and finishing. Quite a turnaround in the last 12 months.

+ 1

gordondaviesmoustache said:
adrianr said:
Belting news. Really getting the feeling that a lot of these players are proper City players now. Synonymous with the club first and foremost, not just here for a short stay, angling for a new contract every season. Great to have so many constants in the side.
Well said mate. Totally agree.

Yeah, hadn't looked at it that way. Well put.

Fantastic news for City.
Solid, dependable and most importantly he SCORES IMPORTANT GOALS.
Without Dzeko - No FA Cup (instead a loss to Notts County)
The Aguero moment would be irrelevant (an equalizer would not be good enough)
Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal would have been above us last season (a number of important winning goals).

Oh and most importantly he pisses dimwits off who think that real football in just like the Football Manager video game.

Apologies for mentioning them in advance.

But while they scrape the barrel across the road, we have another player who is happy to commit his long-term future to City.

Does anyone remember the Geoff Thomas saga? ;-)

And. "City, City, nobody knows your name!"

"I'm really happy here at City, it's a second home to me, so it was an easy decision to stay for the long-term," Dzeko told City's official website.

"I knew from the beginning when I started here that I wanted to stay for a long time - I can't see any place better than here.

"I'm settled perfectly to life here, I know my teammates, the club, the team, very well and I feel like I can improve even more.

"Over the last three and a half years we've made history together but I feel like we are only at the start of something really special.

"There are still so many objectives and goals that I want to reach from my career in the game and I believe that I am in the perfect place to achieve them all.

"The fans have always shown so much faith in my ability and I feel so much love, both from supporters inside Manchester and from those all over the world."

Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/335317.html#HIFFE7Ik7B5Tvykc.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/st ... B5Tvykc.99</a>

Retweeted by Manchester City FC
Patrick Vieira ‏@OfficialVieira 2h
Really happy for @EdDzeko - Not a bad way to start the season with MOTM against Newcastle and a new contract. Well deserved my friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.