Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

I only lost my patience wit him once towards the end of last season and that was to say "WTF man".

Beyond that i have always seen the player we have even though it was more of a rally course than a smooth f1 track.
I am so glad he has found himself again. It is nice to see players and indeed everyone happy but this benefits us in a huge way with him at ease with Pellegrini and his tactics.

This guy could be battling Aguero for the hearts and minds war soon if he continues mark my words !

Really pleased for Edin and hopefully his great form will continue.

On his day he is difficult to defend against due to his ability both on the floor and in the air.

Seems to score important goals.

Very pleased about atmosphere in Club , Seams all is kind a calm down , enjoying new manager who really respect players and seams to get out the best of them.With Edin well he must have a few bad games i s just nature of hes position , sometimes all go in, sometimes nothing, bu what is pleasing hes calmness ( u need to be calm and sure in your self to do that back heal and what piss me off is if that was move of Woney or fuckin la Girud it would be wank fest on Sky ) hes stronger , much better in duels , won a lot of header's and if he has space hes even faster then before, hes movement and finishing was never a problem . If only him and Aguero can click finally ( even do i think hes had better connection with Aguero then any other City player it could be better ). Now let's put Scouse boys in their place.

adrianr said:
Belting news. Really getting the feeling that a lot of these players are proper City players now. Synonymous with the club first and foremost, not just here for a short stay, angling for a new contract every season. Great to have so many constants in the side.

There's nothing like success to build a happy, settled squad.

Well done, Edin.

Some of the dickhead boo boys near me are going to throwing themselves off Level come Monday night at this news.

Great news and really pleased for Edin.

Now just need Hart pinned down and that's your spine for the next 4/5 years - Hart, Kompany, Silva, Aguero/Dzeko. Add to these Kolarov, Mangala, Nasri and the squad position looks rosy - just a case of a little tweak here and there when needed in each window.

Some of the EDS lads need to be stepping up over this period though.

We have had a great few weeks in getting long term contracts agreed with our core players and I have previously commented on my pleasure at seeing Edin added to that list.

I know I am in the wrong area and would ask Mods to move to wherever appropriate, but one person I deperately want see add pen to paper for a few more years is our manager, who has brought so much to the team and club.

Good on him. Last season I posted a longish post defending him, and then later, must admit, slagged him off after the Wigan Cup game (along with nearly everyone else in the team that day, has to be said). He's a good lad, and a good player, who puts them away, season after season.

He's a proper marmite player - i have on many occasions lost complete faith in him watching a simple pass bounce off him or his lack of effort but there's no doubt he has a shed load of ability. If he can keep up his performances from the summer and Newcastle, which i think he can, this contract renewal may be the making of him at MCFC, possibly in a similar way to, dare i say it, the GOAT!
(although not sure he's the type of player to score with his backside)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.