Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Should never start...ever.

Masterclass off the bench.

Love the guy.

proy said:
Yes, didnt seem happy.

Id mentioned earlier tonight that I dont think hes good enough over 90 minutes.

With a run in the side, like the start of last year, hed get himself on a run maybe.

Would you replace Tevez or Aguero with him? I wouldnt, and I dont think we can play with a front three, or with him up front in a two, we dont play that way. Hes useless with his back to goal, for a big man he doesnt hold the ball up well enough for me. If hes on the end of a set-piece, running onto balls and with the ball in front of him, getting on the end of crosses etc thats OK but its not how we play.

He is most useful to us and to Mancini in situations like today when we are chasing a game, when the ball is being put in the box or we are counter-attacking.

Thats the reason, for me, why he will stay on the bench no matter how often he scores from it. He may get a run in the champions league, bobby seems to like that, or if we pick up an injury to one of our main front two.

Its not Edins fault, I just dont think we play that way. For me with the right offer he will be off next summer providing we find a replacement. He wants regular first team football and I dont think we can give him that,

I think the problem with Edin is that when he starts a game he is more laid back and has less urgency about his play. Bringing him on for the last 15 he is wired and on it, because time is running out. He had 4 attempts in quick succession today. I can't see him being as focused in the first 15 mins of a game.

Easily our most effective striker currently. The misconception is that he doesn't score when he starts which is obviously not true. He's an effective starter provided the team is set up properly and the midfield isn't getting bullied. He always plays 90' for Bosnia and doesn't seem to have any problems scoring as a starter (see the games vs France and Portugal). Aguero/Dzeko was the striking partnership that won us the league last season.

Hate to post twice in such a short time in the same thread but...

“Edin’s been in superb form, not just in terms of goal scoring but at the end of last season, at the start of the season, coming off the bench or starting, he’s been excellent,” Platt said.

And Dzeko, always classy, "we did it all together".

whyalwaysLee said:
proy said:
Yes, didnt seem happy.

With a run in the side, like the start of last year, hed get himself on a run maybe.

Would you replace Tevez or Aguero with him? I wouldnt, and I dont think we can play with a front three, or with him up front in a two, we dont play that way. Hes useless with his back to goal, for a big man he doesnt hold the ball up well enough for me. If hes on the end of a set-piece, running onto balls and with the ball in front of him, getting on the end of crosses etc thats OK but its not how we play.

He is most useful to us and to Mancini in situations like today when we are chasing a game, when the ball is being put in the box or we are counter-attacking.

Thats the reason, for me, why he will stay on the bench no matter how often he scores from it. He may get a run in the champions league, bobby seems to like that, or if we pick up an injury to one of our main front two.

Its not Edins fault, I just dont think we play that way. For me with the right offer he will be off next summer providing we find a replacement. He wants regular first team football and I dont think we can give him that,

I think the problem with Edin is that when he starts a game he is more laid back and has less urgency about his play. Bringing him on for the last 15 he is wired and on it, because time is running out. He had 4 attempts in quick succession today. I can't see him being as focused in the first 15 mins of a game.

Yes, that has something to do with it as well. Im not sure why, its poor profesionalism Id think.

Hes a decent striker.

We dont play a long ball game, everything is into feet and the little argentines suit that, its almost a european way of playing. Dzeko is poor with his back to goal, he looks clumsy sometimes? I cant get a handle on it, for a big man he should shield the ball better, that would complement Carlos and Aguero but he doesnt do it. He gets caught in possesion too often.

Hes an old school goal poacher though, if we had more crosses being pinged into the box then hed get on the end of them.

Maybe we dont use him properly, I dont know.

When Dzeko is on the pitch, we score in bunches.
When he's on the bench, we struggle to find the back of the net.

411 minutes on the pitch: 15 goals (one every 27 minutes)
579 minutes on the bench: 7 goal (one every 82 minutes)

whyalwaysLee said:
proy said:
Yes, didnt seem happy.

it's just that the pace and the style of the game when we're after goals in the final minutes that suit him. is he too good to be used that way? probably, but than again tevez and aguero are also very good and it's going to get even more crowded if falcao joins us in january.

Others have said. he is an old fashioned style striker not always suited to the modern game but he is also what is needed with a Shaun Goater knack of scoring.

As we fed the goat.

Edin Dezeko, Edin Dzeko, Edin Dzeko he will score!

To sum Dzeko up:

He's a big man. No one likes that, they want skilful tippy tappy players. He's different, adds variety to the squad. Very much like Peter Crouch (obviously miles better) but he's not a world beater, but very effective.

He's probably just labelled as a big lump to some, but he's far from it. Playing with Tevez and Aguero you will always look like the outcast, simple as.

Every team needs to have a different dimension in their squad, we have Dzeko.

Mancini knows exactly how to handle and how to manage him, leave him to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.