Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Skashion said:
Done Balotelli's numbers first as I suspect they will be the biggest cause of disagreement. This might be piecemeal because I'm literally going through individual matches to do this. There's probably a better stats site that could work it out automatically but I don't know of it.

Now, I don't think it's fair to include Balotelli's record for this season because he's spent a good deal with it on the left and we wouldn't be comparing like for like, but I will include both to stop whining.

11/12 season only, all comps:
15 goals in 1694 starting minutes is 113 minutes per goal.
3 goals in 225 sub minutes is 75 minutes per goal.
113/75 = 1.51 times more effective off the bench.

As I said, a certain disparity is expected but there's far far more consistency in terms of starting goals there.

Now, to placate the let's-include-Balotell-goals-when-playing-out-left crowd.

Since the the start of last season, all comps:
16 goals in 2143 starting minutes is 134 minutes per goal.
4 goals in 298 sub minutes is 74.5 minutes per goal.
1.79 times more effective off the bench.

Will try to do Tevez's and Aguero's later but I've got other stuff to do which should take priority.

this infos are sensless amigo.realy, it shows nothing. try this without penaltys coz penaltys dont show as nothing bout a striker. but then still is sensless this kind of stats

noise said:
Shaelumstash said:
I know it's not what you want to hear, but I don't think Mancini sees Dzeko as a regular starter in the big games for us. He's a squad / rotation player / Supersub.
Yeah, you may be right. It's a shame really, was hoping for Dzeko to stay at Man City.

Yeh well it's down to him whether he wants to be a part of the squad of the champions of England, or wants to go and be the main man for an average side.

BigED10Dzekson said:
Skashion said:
Done Balotelli's numbers first as I suspect they will be the biggest cause of disagreement. This might be piecemeal because I'm literally going through individual matches to do this. There's probably a better stats site that could work it out automatically but I don't know of it.

Now, I don't think it's fair to include Balotelli's record for this season because he's spent a good deal with it on the left and we wouldn't be comparing like for like, but I will include both to stop whining.

As I said, a certain disparity is expected but there's far far more consistency in terms of starting goals there.

Will try to do Tevez's and Aguero's later but I've got other stuff to do which should take priority.

this infos are sensless amigo.realy, it shows nothing. try this without penaltys coz penaltys dont show as nothing bout a striker. but then still is sensless this kind of stats

Why the fuck should he take penalties out ? Are penalties free goals ? Last time i checked you still haVe to make them. Why dont you ask Messi or especially Robben about them penalties. both missed their penalties in the most crucial time of the game in the Cl.

adorado30 said:
BigED10Dzekson said:
Skashion said:

Why the fuck should he take penalties out ? Are penalties free goals ? Last time i checked you still haVe to make them. Why dont you ask Messi or especially Robben about them penalties. both missed their penalties in the most crucial time of the game in the Cl.

I think when you're comparing players on the same team, penalties do skew the picture. For instance if you had Dzeko take all the PKs. He would be last seasons top scorer. Winning a PK is another thing which I know Balotelli is good at. So I don't know.

Balotelli is definitely an amazing PK taker, so he should get the credit for them, but it does skew the picture, because really, most strikers can take PKs, and PKs are definitely not as hard as regular goals.

Personally I would rate assists over PK goals as far as difficulty goes.

noise said:
adorado30 said:
BigED10Dzekson said:

I think when you're comparing players on the same team, penalties do skew the picture. For instance if you had Dzeko take all the PKs. He would be last seasons top scorer. Winning a PK is another thing which I know Balotelli is good at. So I don't know.

Balotelli is definitely an amazing PK taker, so he should get the credit for them, but it does skew the picture, because really, most strikers can take PKs, and PKs are definitely not as hard as regular goals.

Personally I would rate assists over PK goals as far as difficulty goes.

I am sure Dzeko would think otherwise! He tried taking penalties for National Team and Wolfsburg and has missed more penalties than he's made.
During his Wolfsburg era a PLAYER saved his penaltie due to goalkeeper being red carded, that just shows you the penalties are not his thing.

So for you to say that Dzeko would be top scorer if he took all the penalties last year is a myth as nobody knows if he would make/miss them.

pominoz said:
chux00ba said:
Why is Dzeko on the bench today?

Because he is usually fucking useless when he starts a game at the beginning.

No he isn't,that garbage.He played really well on Wednesday just to name but one game.

But today he is right to play the best 2 we have up top and that's Tevez and Aguero

BigED10Dzekson said:
Skashion said:

This infos? Anyways you should take out penalties. However, how is this stat useless? It makes a lot of sense to me, thats for sure. Good work!

pominoz said:
chux00ba said:
Why is Dzeko on the bench today?

Because he is usually fucking useless when he starts a game at the beginning.

Yeah, we are so much better without him.
He had a solid game against Ajax and is atm our best strike by far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.