Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Mike N said:
Im not Bosnian, I come from Hulme. But, I hope Edin starts on Sunday.

he deserved it, he is on god form, he scored bunch of goals last month, and every reasonable manager should use it...

kismet said:
Met him after training and such a nice guy.

He certainly knows where the back of the net is.

Who scored the goal that kept us in the FA Cup, who turned the game against QPR.....

He deserves a long run in the team

What he deserves and what he gets are different things. Quality proven goalscorer and if he played every prem match for us I am convinced he would get 25 goals.

Not a legend yet as it should take performances for a longer period to get that status but when you think of some who get legend status maybe I am wrong.

All this other stuff aside, I wonder percentage-wise - how many of you think Dzeko FINALLY deserves a run of games again?

It would be an interesting statistic to have... :-)

Dzeko and Tevez are tied for top goal scorer so far this season, though Edin has had 1/5th the amount of starts. On top of that, he's scored 4 goals internationally for Bosnia in their qualification for a World Cup place. It's pretty obvious he's in great form.

I think he should be starting left and right until Aguero is back in form.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
kismet said:
Met him after training and such a nice guy.

He certainly knows where the back of the net is.

Who scored the goal that kept us in the FA Cup, who turned the game against QPR.....

He deserves a long run in the team

What he deserves and what he gets are different things. Quality proven goalscorer and if he played every prem match for us I am convinced he would get 25 goals.

Not a legend yet as it should take performances for a longer period to get that status but when you think of some who get legend status maybe I am wrong.

Your the same clown that kept PMing me about how great Santa Cruz was, if i dared say anything bad about him..

A few things. First off, the Bosnians have a point about double standards regarding Dzeko and Balotelli. How many other managers would tolerate the behaviour Balo has shown, and STILL start him over a very good striker waiting on the bench?

Secondly, calling him a "legend" is beyond laughable. He does score VERY important goals, but I'm not even sure he has even played 50 league games for us.

Thirdly, a lot of the Bosnians here need to realise that he ISN'T the best striker in the squad, not even in the top 3. Just because he's the best thing to happen to your country since you discovered coal power in the 80s doesn't mean he's the best thing for us.

Conversely and finally, a shudderingly large group of our (native) fans need to realise he's far more useful than just a makeshift paperweight. He offers a mix of height and directness that Balotelli doesn't give us. He was exactly what we needed tonight and in many other games. Without him we wouldn't have score against Notts, QPR (thrice) and others which embarrassingly abandon me at this moment. How about instead of giving a snort of derision when his name is read out in the starting XI on Sunday or when he is coming on, give him a cheer instead? It can only do good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.