Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Balo has shown, and STILL start him over a very good striker waiting on the bench?

It's the same reason why Cantona could get away with things that Hughes couldn't.

Anyway, thought he did well tonight, great technique and composure for his finish. Touches were better than usual, as was his lay off play. Did well.

I am a fan of Dzeko, because he is such an intelligent player. His runs, his understanding of where to be. He is an all round player. Reminds of a slightly worse version of Muller. For me the Dzeko and Argueo partnership is the best way forward for City.

Love Dzeko, great composure and a quality finish. Would have been great (for him on here) if he had scored only goal.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Thirdly, a lot of the Bosnians here need to realise that he ISN'T the best striker in the squad, not even in the top 3.

I think you're wrong to say this. They're all totally different players. A team built to suit Dzeko would see Aguero and Tevez suffer, just as Dzeko suffers playing without fast build up play and no strike partner. The fact is that for a guy that rarely gets two starts in a row he still scores pretty often. He's on form right now for both club and country, give him a good run of games and who knows what might happen?

JBG said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Thirdly, a lot of the Bosnians here need to realise that he ISN'T the best striker in the squad, not even in the top 3.

I think you're wrong to say this. They're all totally different players. A team built to suit Dzeko would see Aguero and Tevez suffer, just as Dzeko suffers playing without fast build up play and no strike partner. The fact is that for a guy that rarely gets two starts in a row he still scores pretty often. He's on form right now for both club and country, give him a good run of games and who knows what might happen?
The team IS built to suit Dzeko. The problem is Tevez and Arguero are better strikers, whilst Balotelli has huge amounts of potential. Said it before, but you play your best football with Aguero, Dzeko, Silva and Toure interchanging passes. Those four especially are frightening on the counter, the speed of thought is much more important than speed of feet.

In a pure "counter attacking" system, he would score 30 goals a season. Love him.

Every now and again I go on the OS and just watch the video of him absolutely ripping spuds to shreds last year. As many weird games that he has, or bad touches, I can't seem to forget that one match, or that player he was on that day. It was early in the season, he had no reason to believe that he would not be consistently started by Bob, and he was just brimming with confidence. He was a man possessed. I dreamed about what amazing things the future held for him on that day.

He has had many other great games, but he's also had some stinkers. Even so, I can't shake the feeling that he is the player I see here: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2011/August/Edin-Dzekos-day-in-the-sun-at-White-Hart-Lane

It happened again tonight. Granted Yaya made it happen to a point, but Edin kept cool and stuck it in the net. God if only we could just keep him rolling.

When it comes to scoring, Dzeko is the best natural finisher we have.. I've always said it and always will do.
He's a goal poacher who can instinctively finish with both feet, and is our only forward who can head the ball properly.
Strikers like him are worth their weight in gold.

No I'm not a Bosnian.

When Dzeko is on the pitch, we score.
When he's on the bench, we don't. It's as simple as that.

225 minutes on the pitch: 10 goals
225 minutes on the bench: 1 goal

No I'm not Bosnian. I live in California. I just like when City scores goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.