Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Young said:
It's like every match I question myself why Dzeko's not starting regularly.

In a way, when weve batterd/ weakend the opposition a fit, class top striker is your worst nightmare. Many thanks Edin as you are top.

jimharri said:
Young said:
And then when he does start?

I thought he was alright when he starts. Still scores the occasional goal. It's just there are people who can't wait to bash on him for having one bad game.

Young said:
jimharri said:
Young said:

I thought he was alright when he starts. Still scores the occasional goal. It's just there are people who can't wait to bash on him for having one bad game.

He doesn't always get involved in buildup, which for a big man is difficult with our style of play. If you don't score and don't really contribute to buildup there's no reason for you to even start. There have been times he has scored and was still slated ( QPR away).

It's a fickle world.

The problem he has is he plays so well when he comes off the bench. Tevez, Balotelli and to an extent Aguero are no where near as effective off the bench. So when he makes such an impact compared to these players its hard for him not to be on the bench.

Young said:
jimharri said:
Young said:

it's becoming needles to point out that dzeko doesn't shine when he starts, because the statistics say it all. the reason lies in the way he's played. he just doesn't fit in mancini's idea of football. when he starts he plays as a winger, deep midfielder and as a striker every third strike. when he comes off the bench he's played the way he should be played from minute one. feed him balls(crosses or through balls) and he's going to score. if he can't settle with 30 minutes, or if mancini can't afford to utilize him right, he should definitely leave. if it was me, the paycheck and the goals would be very satisfying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.