Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

I'm bosnian and in my opinion for every top manager it's totally logical to push two star strikers from football giants country like Argentina and one star striker from Italy, over a guy who is the best player from some small country called Bosnia.

If the guy was english, he'd be a f'n megastar for all english fans, solely based on his current stats in Premier League.

But he is not, and he is exactly where he belongs.

That's how the world goes.

LoveCity said:
BigED10Dzekson said:
if the team would play for dzeko his stats would be like mesi's

wtf-reaction.gif

if city would play fast forward, wide and having him as the main striker he would score 30 in bpl and make about 15 asists every season

BigED10Dzekson said:
LoveCity said:
BigED10Dzekson said:
if the team would play for dzeko his stats would be like mesi's

wtf-reaction.gif

if city would play fast forward, wide and having him as the main striker he would score 30 in bpl and make about 15 asists every season

OK, but they aren't Messi like stats. Messi scored 50 goals in La Liga last season and 73 in all competitions. Dzeko and no one in our league is getting near that.

taconinja said:
BigED10Dzekson said:
pudge said:
I give up, the irony and blind devotion is too much in this thread.
ok
Fellow you just put him on the same level as Messi.

no i dont! i said he would have goals and asists like mesi. but for that the team needs to play for him, what i m not asking. for me its ok if is like the begining last season when everybody was scoring and having fun, you cant have that with tevez in team. imo he keep the ball to much<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:32 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
BigED10Dzekson said:
LoveCity said:

OK, but they aren't Messi like stats. Messi scored 50 goals in La Liga last season and 73 in all competitions. Dzeko and no one in our league is getting near that.

true, this has to do with bpl and la liga. messi also wouldnt do that here.

pudge said:
Frank H said:
It's not hypothetical to point out that it's always going to be easier for a substitute with fresh legs to score goals against a tired defence, than it is for a player on at the start playing against a fresh defence. That's regardless of what particular style the team is playing.

Hence all stats about no. of goals per minute are meaningless unless that is factored into the picture.

In the last match, Edin came on to score against a defence already tired out by Tevez, Aguero etc.

I'm no fan of Tevez, and Edin seems to be a much nicer guy, but at present I can't see that Edin deserves to start before Tevez. Keep Dzeko for the role he seems best at at the moment, as a substitute.
I take it you didn't read my post then, as that is not what I said.
I haven't read your post - or most of the posts in this thread - I haven't got the time.

I was replying to ed10, and other posters who have an exaggerated sense of Edin's quality, and his role in the team.

They seem to want the Man.City team to be set up to play with Dzeko as the centre figure, and the style of play to be entirely based around him.

The only situation in which it would be acceptable to make the style of a team's play entirely centred around one player's particular strengths, is if that player were much superior to his team-mates. That situation doesn't even apply at Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Edin Dzeko, fine player and great guy that he seems to be, is probably not the best player at Man.City. Even if he were, he is clearly not so much the only good player that the team should be based around him.

GOALS PER MINUTE
NETS EVERY...

DZEKO 55m 36s (*)
FALCAO 60m 44s (**)
MESSI 61m 09s (**)
C RONALDO 78m (**)

Stats don't lie. Our Edin is the best, and these last two are pure sht

Sources:
(*) <a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/en/preview/345757/preview.html?soccernet=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/en/preview/345757/pre ... ernet=true</a>
(**) <a class="postlink" href="http://elcentrocampista.com/2012/10/goals-goals-goals-spanish-football-around-the-web/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://elcentrocampista.com/2012/10/goa ... d-the-web/</a>

This shit keeps going in circles so lets sum up the both sides.

Imo he should get a few games since

1. Hes the top scorer
2. He is ATM the form striker( /flame shield on)
3. Hes not been given a run of games (and played properly ie that winger position he played)

other peoples view.

1. He is a super sub(hes shit when he starts. Ignores the style of play when he starts and will just circumvent this argument).
2. Kun is better (even thought thats hardly the case this season)
3. Dzeko does not give 100 percent in.
4. Tevez is a better player(To be fair Tevez does alot more then just score goals)

O well carry on...

Another poster summed it up a few pages ago -

When Starting - The Bosnian donkey

Coming on as sub - The Bosnian diamond

You can use all the stats you like but Dzeko is just so much better coming off the bench late in games and until we bring in someone like Bale I cant see this changing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.