Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

noise said:
pudge said:
Yeah, Ferguson offered Tevez a contract..

Tevez, in my eyes, is a ****.

But he's a world class player and that's all I care about. He IS better than Dzeko, he is arguably better than Aguero and as his record at City shows he has been and is vital to the team.

This season he's been nothing but a team player, dropping deep to get the ball, chasing back, hurrying the keepers and has 3 assists.

The original point that Tevez is "bad for the team" is what I had a problem with. I'm not trying to compare him with Dzeko or knock one to promote the other.
You are contradicting yourself. First you say Tevez is better than Dzeko and then you say you're not knocking one to promote the other, completely ignoring the previous posters point about Tevez's team abandonment last season.

What has that got to do with him being a better player?
So Tevez can be a dick and Dzeko is a nice guy, that has fuck all to do with playing ability.

pominoz said:
So Tevez can be a dick and Dzeko is a nice guy, that has fuck all to do with playing ability.
The comment was in the context of the previous post. A player can have Messi's playing ability, but it does no good when he's playing Golf instead of football for his team.

This conversation is pointless by the way, we all know Dzeko must be on his way out. Few more months left..

noise said:
pominoz said:
The comment was in the context of the previous post. A player can have Messi's playing ability, but it does no good when he's playing Golf instead of football for his team.

This conversation is pointless by the way, we all know Dzeko must be on his way out. Few more months left..

Dzeko, so good at coming off the bench and destroying teams, but never really does it when starting. Surely it would be great for both parties to continue this, for at least 1 more contract term? Edin must feel great whenever coming on and scoring the winning goal, and seems like a clever fella, so must realise that he doesn't pull up that many trees when he starts?

One will probably have to go and i pray on bended knees that its not Edin. We can't be that dumb.

Dzeko not scoring as a starter is a myth.

Scoreless league starts this season:

Tevez 6
Balotelli 5
Aguero 3
Dzeko 1

This thread has turned to shite, all this talk about who has a bigger dick is kind of stressful.

Dzeko is scoring goals and that is all that matters.

pominoz said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

Tevez 6/10
Balotelli 5/5
Aguero 3/5
Dzeko 2/3

How many games have each player started?

I put the numbers above (and fixed Dzeko's number to 2). It looks like none of them are having much success scoring as starters. Tevez and Aguero fail to score 60% of the time, and Dzeko fails 66% of the time. Not much difference. Balotelli hasn't scored a league goal yet.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
pominoz said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

Tevez 6/10
Balotelli 5/5
Aguero 3/5
Dzeko 2/3

How many games have each player started?

I put the numbers above (and fixed Dzeko's number to 2). It looks like none of them are having much success scoring as starters. Tevez and Aguero fail to score 60% of the time, and Dzeko fails 66% of the time. Not much difference. Balotelli hasn't scored a league goal yet.

Seeing as you are a numbers man, what are the %'s of goals scored as a sub for each striker?

Listen, I did the stats on this. Dzeko's goal-scoring record at City when starting has been mediocre, around 160 mins per goal. Off the bench, it's been exceptional at 37 minutes per goal. This is not a myth, he's better off the bench. The point where you have to begin the discussion is why. Simply denying facts gets you nowhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.