Edin Dzeko (on his Web site)(merged)

Re: Dzeko on his Web site

salfordblue-tony2 said:
Yeah I've noticed that as well, but to be honest how many crosses does Johnson send over anyway. He just links with full back and or comes into to shoot.

That's what happens when you play a left winger on the wrong side!

Re: Dzeko on his Web site

pudge said:
No17 said:
pudge said:
This season;

Dzeko: 31 Games 18 Goals
Gomez: 36 Games 34 Goals

Best Seasons:

Dzeko: 42 Games 36 Goals
Gomez: 45 Games 39 Goals

Can I lol now sir?

Btw, yes it helps to play with the likes of those you mentioned above, but it's up to Gomez/Dzeko to put the ball in the back of the net

so they are fairly similar in their best seasons which means that in same conditions they would get the same results...Gomez is fed with balls all over the box, Dzeko, right now, isn't, so again as I said previously, until they are in the same team under same conditions they can't be judged...bayern play to gomez's strengths and use him properly while dzeko well you be the judge...
Hypotheticals im afraid, we constantly hear the fact of stats on here with regards to Dzeko's 18 goals and that's all that matters etc

Well the fact is Gomez has outscored Dzeko 150 goals to 109 in the last 5 seasons (Gomez played just 9 games more in that period before THAT excuse comes up). Both very admirable scoring records, but to me it helps highlight that Gomez is better than Dzeko

Gomez has raked in some impressive numbers last two seasons - and he has done some good finishing - in a squad barely rivaled in terms of creating chances.. But I doubt you follow the Bundesliga, and I guarantee you there is hardly anyone who does, who rates Gomez above Dzeko and would rather have him in the team.

Does ignorance have any boundaries on this forum???

Dzeko, 31 games and 18 goals!! Really!!!???

Dzeko is a sub!

He does not play 90 minutes/game. You can't include 31 games, most of which he played 15-30 minutes and say he played 31 entire games!!

Dzeko's minutes on the pitch are basically equivalent to 20-25 games - if even that many!

glassyeyes said:
Does ignorance have any boundaries on this forum???

Dzeko, 31 games and 18 goals!! Really!!!???

Dzeko is a sub!

He does not play 90 minutes/game. You can't include 31 games, most of which he played 15-30 minutes and say he played 31 entire games!!

Dzeko's minutes on the pitch are basically equivalent to 20-25 games - if even that many!
The irony is quite delicious

Quality, in the right set-up. This is a bloke who has scored 1 in 2 in his senior career. He's got it, it just has to be tapped.

If most can see where he will be most effective then why are we not playing to his strengths?

@ pudge

Which portion of the readily verifiable facts I outlined above are difficult for you to grasp?

That Dzeko is a sub?
That he often played less than 20-30 minutes?
Or the logical hurdle that x goals in y games is different from x goals in z games where z<y?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bayernforum.com/transfers-f1/edin-dzeko-t3420-1020.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bayernforum.com/transfers-f1 ... -1020.html</a>

The Future's Blue said:
Quality, in the right set-up. This is a bloke who has scored 1 in 2 in his senior career. He's got it, it just has to be tapped.

If most can see where he will be most effective then why are we not playing to his strengths?

In short, a) we don't have the players for that type of play and b) we already spent a lot of money for (a great player) but yet a player we don't really need given our current pool of players.

So who would want to admit that 30 mil were spent in vain?

glassyeyes said:
@ pudge

Which portion of the readily verifiable facts I outlined above are difficult for you to grasp?

That Dzeko is a sub?
That he often played less than 20-30 minutes?
Or the logical hurdle that x goals in y games is different from x goals in z games where z<y?
The FACT is he has played in 31 games and scored 18 goals, which is a very admirable feat.

But you can't chop and change it based on subs to make it look better? What about the fact that Sergio didn't play a full 90 minutes for the first few months he was here, would you take grievance with that when taking about his goal scoring record?

That is quite ignorant imo, hence my post.

Kun Aguero said:
http://www.bayernforum.com/transfers-f1/edin-dzeko-t3420-1020.html

So I'm assuming that you're using this to show that German fans don't prefer Dzeko to alternative (which is contrary to everything else we hear).

Yet, the entire page is dominated with Croatian flags. Those who follow the situation in the Balkans will tell you that Croatians fought a war with Bosnia and are not fans of any Bosnian, Dzeko included.

So, are the posts with "Croatian flags" really reflective of what fans of Bayern from Munich (Germany) really think?

That would be like asking Greek fans to rate a Turkish player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.