Edin Dzeko (on his Web site)(merged)

glassyeyes said:
Kun Aguero said:
http://www.bayernforum.com/transfers-f1/edin-dzeko-t3420-1020.html

So I'm assuming that you're using this to show that German fans don't prefer Dzeko to alternative (which is contrary to everything else we hear).

Yet, the entire page is dominated with Croatian flags. Those who follow the situation in the Balkans will tell you that Croatians fought a war with Bosnia and are not fans of any Bosnian, Dzeko included.

So, are the posts with "Croatian flags" really reflective of what fans of Bayern from Munich (Germany) really think?

That would be like asking Greek fans to rate a Turkish player.

I posted the link before I read it.

Kun Aguero said:
glassyeyes said:
Kun Aguero said:
http://www.bayernforum.com/transfers-f1/edin-dzeko-t3420-1020.html

So I'm assuming that you're using this to show that German fans don't prefer Dzeko to alternative (which is contrary to everything else we hear).

Yet, the entire page is dominated with Croatian flags. Those who follow the situation in the Balkans will tell you that Croatians fought a war with Bosnia and are not fans of any Bosnian, Dzeko included.

So, are the posts with "Croatian flags" really reflective of what fans of Bayern from Munich (Germany) really think?

why post it if you don't know the details?

pudge said:
glassyeyes said:
@ pudge

Which portion of the readily verifiable facts I outlined above are difficult for you to grasp?

That Dzeko is a sub?
That he often played less than 20-30 minutes?
Or the logical hurdle that x goals in y games is different from x goals in z games where z<y?
The FACT is he has played in 31 games and scored 18 goals, which is a very admirable feat.

But you can't chop and change it based on subs to make it look better? What about the fact that Sergio didn't play a full 90 minutes for the first few months he was here, would you take grievance with that when taking about his goal scoring record?

That is quite ignorant imo, hence my post.

No actually your post (as most of your posts in fact) have very little to do with logic. Rather they have to do with you saying anything to substantiate your nonsense no matter who is involved (Dzeko only being one of the examples).

If you read my post you would notice that I am not beefing up Dzeko's stats nor Gomez's stats. All I said is that Gomez plays 90 minutes/game and Dzeko plays 50ish/game, and so comparing Gomez's scores/game to Dzeko's score/game is illogical.

But again, logic plays little role to you. What is logic? Lets just talk nonsense - its so much more fun!<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:47 pm --<br /><br />Look,

I don't want to be labeled as Dzeko defender, because I'm not. I don't think Dzeko is good for the city and I don't think that city is good for Dzeko. Dzeko should be sold in the summer and MCFC should move on. Nothing against the lad, I just don't think he is a useful player here and he would be more useful somewhere (anywhere) else.

I just can't stand people picking on Bosnians (for the sake of them having a different opinion based on watching the lad play longer than most people have here). And I don't like people making illogical statements and then using condenscending tone to talk down to anyone pointing out that the facts might be different.

That's all.

glassyeyes said:
pudge said:
glassyeyes said:
@ pudge

Which portion of the readily verifiable facts I outlined above are difficult for you to grasp?

That Dzeko is a sub?
That he often played less than 20-30 minutes?
Or the logical hurdle that x goals in y games is different from x goals in z games where z<y?
The FACT is he has played in 31 games and scored 18 goals, which is a very admirable feat.

But you can't chop and change it based on subs to make it look better? What about the fact that Sergio didn't play a full 90 minutes for the first few months he was here, would you take grievance with that when taking about his goal scoring record?

That is quite ignorant imo, hence my post.

No actually your post (as most of your posts in fact) have very little to do with logic. Rather they have to do with you saying anything to substantiate your nonsense no matter who is involved (Dzeko only being one of the examples).

If you read my post you would notice that I am not beefing up Dzeko's stats nor Gomez's stats. All I said is that Gomez plays 90 minutes/game and Dzeko plays 50ish/game, and so comparing Gomez's scores/game to Dzeko's score/game is illogical.

But again, logic plays little role to you. What is logic? Lets just talk nonsense - its so much more fun!

-- Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:47 pm --

Look,

I don't want to be labeled as Dzeko defender, because I'm not. I don't think Dzeko is good for the city and I don't think that city is good for Dzeko. Dzeko should be sold in the summer and MCFC should move on. Nothing against the lad, I just don't think he is a useful player here and he would be more useful somewhere (anywhere) else.

I just can't stand people picking on Bosnians (for the sake of them having a different opinion based on watching the lad play longer than most people have here). And I don't like people making illogical statements and then using condenscending tone to talk down to anyone pointing out that the facts might be different.

That's all.
Elaborate please, instead of generalising.

squirtyflower said:
Kun Aguero said:
glassyeyes said:

It was about a City player...

Kun Aguero said:
squirtyflower said:
Kun Aguero said:

It was about a City player...
might be worth you reading it and giving us an insight of what you think of it

or even do a cut and paste job with a comment, after all the board is to promote footie related discussion

glassyeyes said:
The Future's Blue said:
Quality, in the right set-up. This is a bloke who has scored 1 in 2 in his senior career. He's got it, it just has to be tapped.

If most can see where he will be most effective then why are we not playing to his strengths?

In short, a) we don't have the players for that type of play and b) we already spent a lot of money for (a great player) but yet a player we don't really need given our current pool of players.

So who would want to admit that 30 mil were spent in vain?
Are you sure we don't have the players for that type of play?

I'll refer the Right Honourable Gentleman to our first 3 games of the season where we won each game and scored 12 in total. Oh, and Dzeko got 6 of them. If that's not saying we can play to his abilities, I don't know what does.

Maybe Bobby has to prove his faith in Mario and has had to adapt the team accorindingly or it was down to Dzeko's outburst when being subbed in Munich, I don't know, but one thing is certain, we can play to his strengths.

The Future's Blue said:
glassyeyes said:
The Future's Blue said:
Quality, in the right set-up. This is a bloke who has scored 1 in 2 in his senior career. He's got it, it just has to be tapped.

If most can see where he will be most effective then why are we not playing to his strengths?

In short, a) we don't have the players for that type of play and b) we already spent a lot of money for (a great player) but yet a player we don't really need given our current pool of players.

So who would want to admit that 30 mil were spent in vain?
Are you sure we don't have the players for that type of play?

I'll refer the Right Honourable Gentleman to our first 3 games of the season where we won each game and scored 12 in total. Oh, and Dzeko got 6 of them. If that's not saying we can play to his abilities, I don't know what does.

Maybe Bobby has to prove his faith in Mario and has had to adapt the team accorindingly or it was down to Dzeko's outburst when being subbed in Munich, I don't know, but one thing is certain, we can play to his strengths.

exactly, and I think it is easier to play to his "strengths" when he's in or close to the box and not coming deep to pick the ball up, if I remember correctly Dixon used a similar sentence after the Tottenham match...."he just wants to be in the box and score goals" was what he said I think...

oh and yeah...happy birthday Edin... Sretan rodjendan kralju ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.