Edin Dzeko

I'd be cautious about signing another "uncut diamond", especially if it costs us £20 million plus (regardless of whether we can afford it our owners are business men and won't just waste money like that) the Bundesliga is NOT as strong as the Premier League, La Liga or Serie A and it is a big ask for a young player to firstly come to the Premier League and start scoring goals, and secondly shoulder the weight of expectation from fans and media with a club which is going to be constantly in the spotlight next season, moreso than this season. He may well be a great player, but next season more than ever we can't afford to take the risk, we need a striker who is proven, can handle the spotlight and will settle into the squad quickly, which is why we are, as it seems, going after Et'o and Villa and Tevez (maybe even Adebeyour could be an option)

eastlands oasis said:
I'd be cautious about signing another "uncut diamond", especially if it costs us £20 million plus (regardless of whether we can afford it our owners are business men and won't just waste money like that) the Bundesliga is NOT as strong as the Premier League, La Liga or Serie A and it is a big ask for a young player to firstly come to the Premier League and start scoring goals, and secondly shoulder the weight of expectation from fans and media with a club which is going to be constantly in the spotlight next season, moreso than this season. He may well be a great player, but next season more than ever we can't afford to take the risk, we need a striker who is proven, can handle the spotlight and will settle into the squad quickly, which is why we are, as it seems, going after Et'o and Villa and Tevez (maybe even Adebeyour could be an option)

Adebeyour? He is tattie compared to Dzeko. Have you seen this lad play this season? And im not talking a couple of games. I've seen him about 9 times and everytime, he has looked a different class compared to any other player on the pitch. If Hughes chose someone like Adebeyour over Dzeko, i'd be seriously questioning the manager's choice.

Ricster said:
eastlands oasis said:

Adebeyour? He is tattie compared to Dzeko. Have you seen this lad play this season? And im not talking a couple of games. I've seen him about 9 times and everytime, he has looked a different class compared to any other player on the pitch. If Hughes chose someone like Adebeyour over Dzeko, i'd be seriously questioning the manager's choice.

not questioning his ability, just his POSSIBLE ability to adapt to Premier League....the list of players that have been prolific in lesser leagues that have come to Premier League and flopped is far bigger than those that have succeeded...Alves,Rebrov,Pavleyechenko,Milosevic,Forlan,Kezman even Shevchenko, all had top draw scoring records when they arrived in England, and consequently left with reputations in pieces with most of them. Mt point isn't that he is not a good player, who may well do a good job in Prem League, it is that with MH job on the line if he doesn't make top 6, and failure to make europe next season if he fails, its just too big a risk to take. Adebayour is proven in the Premier League, that is a fact, and therefore would represent a far smaller risk than Dzenko would (not that i'm saying he would be my first choice...that would be Villa or Eto'o)

From what i've seen of this lad, and I'll be honest its only whats been posted on youtube and what other people have said. I think he could be worth a punt if we could get him for about 6-8 million, with his size he would definately fit into the target man mould that Hughes so desperately craves, but would be far less costly than the injury prone RSC.

I've never seen him play, but a lot of people obviously rate him highly. I'm sure he is on Hughes' radar, and Hughes is normally spot on when it comes to transfers, especially from the German league. If we don't get him, Hughes clearly doesn't rate him that highly and i'll judge his opinion over everyone on here

This just appaered in the Telegraph:

Manchester City could make £9 million move for Edin Dzeko
Manchester City are planning a £9 million move for Wolfsburg forward Edin Dzeko if a deal cannot be struck with Blackburn for Roque Santa Cruz.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/5445720/Manchester-City-could-make-9-million-move-for-Edin-Dzeko.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... Dzeko.html</a>

More rumour and speculation lol

blue_moon_rising said:

Manchester City are planning a £9 million move for Wolfsburg forward Edin Dzeko if a deal cannot be struck with Blackburn for Roque Santa Cruz.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/5445720/Manchester-City-could-make-9-million-move-for-Edin-Dzeko.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... Dzeko.html</a>

was excited but then that bit just spoiled it for me.

blue_moon_rising said:

Just a quick thought here:

Do you ever think the newspaper writers would be on certain forums now and then? Just to see what supporters are talkign about. Maybe they get their stories from forums like this.

YungJoshiiMcFc said:
blue_moon_rising said:

Just a quick thought here:

Do you ever think the newspaper writers would be on certain forums now and then? Just to see what supporters are talkign about. Maybe they get their stories from forums like this.

Let see???

Just been told by someone who works for Garry Cook's gardener that Mark Hughes has been chased out of Ann Summer's in the Trafford Centre for trying on willy warmers.

Right I'm off to The Times and Mirror websites....I will report back around 22:00 hrs, over and out!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.