Edin Dzeko

First of all, id like to say hello all football fans out there.

Im from Sarajevo/Bosnia, big Arsenal fan, and fan of EPL in general.

Just to let you know, his name pronounces JACKO.

Feel free to ask anything about our diamond.

TheBosnianGun said:
First of all, id like to say hello all football fans out there.

Im from Sarajevo/Bosnia, big Arsenal fan, and fan of EPL in general.

Just to let you know, his name pronounces JACKO.

Feel free to ask anything about our diamond.

rag

In Bosnia, Z is pronounced as it is here.

But ž (his name is Džeko) is pronounced like the "si" in vision.

It sounds almost identical to JAY-KO, with a very soft D. If you stress the J to get that "si" sound you are almost there.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmqgeRFWs1s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmqgeRFWs1s</a> it is pronounced like in this vid (minus the german accent i.e. just a tad slower).

fluffy_blue said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmqgeRFWs1s it is pronounced like in this vid (minus the german accent i.e. just a tad slower).

Name aside, fantastic goal.

to be honest even on you tube he looks decidedly average and that usually makes players look better than they are!!!!!

and the class of defence he is playing against on a weekly basis is nowhere near as strong as in the prem

MelbourneCity said:
Im Bosnian and I'd say Jek-oh, still depends on how you'd pronounce that.

That Jek-oh would have sound like Džiko, but hes Džeko.

As i said earlier, its Jacko, like Jack in english with long "o" at the end.

BTW, about Džeko's future, he held a press conference yesterday in Sarajevo and said that his manager is having a discussion with Wolfsburg about new contract and if club offer him what he wants he'd be happy to stay there for next few seasons.

simon23 said:
to be honest even on you tube he looks decidedly average and that usually makes players look better than they are!!!!!

and the class of defence he is playing against on a weekly basis is nowhere near as strong as in the prem

exactly what I said yesterday, there is a long long list of players with big reputations in "lesser" leagues scoring bags of goals, they come to Premier League and struggle as the speed of play,defences,overall ability are far greater than they have been used too. although I havn't seen him play, it would be a big risk for us to sign him as our main target-man/striker. If we are also going to sign another 2 strikers (Tevez and another) as well as him so that we can introduce him gradually with less pressure, then maybe.

fukin ell its 9million just go for the lad its not as if its summet daft like the waste we paid on that harlem globetrotter jo!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.