Edin Dzeko

100% seriously - would be a bigger signing than Tevez for me.

I know it's not an 'either or' situation because they are very different players and we can of course afford both but just saying that's how much of a coup I think this would be for us.

30 goals (and 10 assists) in 33 games is a statistic that speaks for itself and in the German league in which the play is possibly the closest to the PL in a lot of ways, so less of a risk than taking someone with a similar record from Spain or Italy.

make it happen Hughes!!!!!

Hughes has been crying out for physical presence upfront. So I fully expect us to sign a tall imposing striker in this window.Hopefully it will be Dzeko as he has a very good positional sense in addition to physical presence.

I would be overjoyed with this signing, not only cos' we need a target man and Dzeko is class but also because I am Bosnian and getting to watch him play for City week in week out would be incredible. From what I've seen in the international games against Belgium and Turkey, which are by no means weak teams he has physically beaten just about every opponent he's played on, though I may be slightly biased I believe he's the man we need!

I am not saying that I would not attempt to sign him, I just found it humorous that someone insinuated that we are only going after people who are past their prime. That is clearly untrue.

A big man and little man up front would be good.

If that will be Dzeko and Tevez I don't know. Still think that Robinho is wasted out wide on the left of midfield. Perhaps we can play a 4-3-3 with a target man and 2 support strikers either side of him:

Robinho----Dzeko/RSC-----Tevez
-------Barry-------Ireland-------
------------De Jong-------------
Bridge--Kompany---Nedum--Zab/Micah

Linked with Chelsea today. Must say I've never heard of him but his youtube is fab.
--------------

Just like samaras' ;)

His definately worth a risk if hes under 20 mill, he has all the phisical attributes for the prem,quick someone e-mail gary cook and tell him.

citytillicry said:
His definately worth a risk if hes under 20 mill, he has all the phisical attributes for the prem,quick someone e-mail gary cook and tell him.

Oh how the times have changed at city - £20mil is not a risk for us anymore, love it!!

Danny21manc, you're right as well, Samaras' youtube was legendary, until we actually got him, just hope this guy does better if we do end signing him.

citytillicry said:

I'd pay upto £30m for him. He is the new Van Nistelrooy. Anyone that has seen him play in the Bundesliga this season will not argue with that comment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.