Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre season signs are good but he needs to hit the ground running else he will be back on the bench and that's when things are never as good with his mood etc....

3 less difficult games to start should equal a few goal scoring opportunities for him. He needs to take some.

I liked the way he took the ball from our goal keeper as defender, than pass it to midfielder, sprinted to Bayern box, open himself, received the pass and almost score under pressure that is on limit of penalty.
I'm following his games for long time. Same scenario happened in two occasions. Wonderful "three pass" starting with him and finishing with him. Only in those two occasions finishing with goals. The most beautiful is the one from Wolfsburg, he did three pass with Misimovic, sprint towards opposite box, received the ball with beautiful touch and scored. ..Spectacular….

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
goater1978 said:
Kun Aguero said:
Dzeko will outscore Negredo and Jovetic this season. I've been known to have a pop at him on here but I've a feeling he'll get 25 goals next season.

I would be surprised. You look at the players who get 25+ goals eg shearer, RVP, Rooney, Henry, Owen(in his prime), drogba etc and they all are a class above dzeko. This is his 3rd season and as far as I'm aware no other team is interested in him. If he was a world class striker, then with the way he was marginalised at city someone would have come in for him.

He's just a good striker who will score goals but lacks the final aspect that would make him brilliant.

So... all those strikers never had a 15 goal season? or a 14 goal season? They always had 25 goal seasons?

Michael Owen never even had a 20+ season in the EPL. He reached 19 a couple of times but never over 20.

You mention Rooney but a majority of his years he's put away goals in the teens, he had two seasons of 26 (09-10) and 27 (11-12) and he's only had one season in which he's bagged over 15+. That doesn't include the two 20's listed above. All his other years he's banged in 11, 12, 13 or 14 goals.

RVP didn't start making heads turn until 2 years ago, before that he was always injured or under achieved. He had a 30 goal season (11-12) and followed it up by a 26 goal season when he moved to Manchester United. It took him 10 seasons to break the 20+ goal mark! T-E-N!

Drogba had only one 25+ goal season in 09-10. His next best was 20 back in 06-07. All his other seasons where 5 goal seasons, 12 goal seasons, etc etc..

Shearer and Henry are the only two there that are in a class of their own.

Oh and Edin already had a 25+ season, just not in the EPL. Not too many strikers can lay claim to that. Even Henry when he played in France, Drogba when he was in France or Robin Van Persie when he played for Feyernood didn't accomplish such a feat.

STOP BEING MISINFORMED! Google is only a few clicks and key strokes away.

In other news, whoever said that City were putting in good crosses last year needs to reassess their eyeballs.

Thanks for that

Perfect "three pass" goal against Bayern. Dzeko's second goal. Misimovic and Dzeko played "three pass", perfect counter-attack.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOixhDOMXDw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOixhDOMXDw</a>

BosnianDragon said:
Perfect "three pass" goal against Bayern. Dzeko's second goal. Misimovic and Dzeko played "three pass", perfect counter-attack.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOixhDOMXDw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOixhDOMXDw</a>

Yeah, thanks, but we're not stupid.

There are those, on these pages, that vilify anything that Edin does as 'useless', 'never defends', 'can't pass', 'awful with back to goal'. None of these things are true, any more than Ireland being a 'fantastic midfielder' for us! It's opinions and lots are incorrect.

Whilst Edin is tall, he's no slouch and is often seen eating the ground up with his long strides from defence and yes, he does play from there to spring attacks, if he can. His natural play was marginalised and, therefore, diminished under Mancini(much to my surprise) but, at least, now the team are seemingly more direct, in play, which will benefit us and Edin D, no end.

MadchesterCity said:
antspider said:
olddirty said:
He is not referring to you. The one that refers to you is one above yours. The one about potato.
I like potatoes

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCkerYMffMo[/youtube]

PoTaToes.gif
PoTaToes.gif
PoTaToes.gif

PoTaToes.gif
PoTaToes.gif
PoTaToes.gif

PoTaToes.gif
PoTaToes.gif
PoTaToes.gif

Edin Dzeko will be team's top scorer in 2013/2014 season.

Just have that feeling...I hope I'll be able to bump this post come next summer.

I also feel we'll be the champions again (with all due respect to others).

Bigga said:
BosnianDragon said:

Yeah, thanks, but we're not stupid.

There are those, on these pages, that vilify anything that Edin does as 'useless', 'never defends', 'can't pass', 'awful with back to goal'. None of these things are true, any more than Ireland being a 'fantastic midfielder' for us! It's opinions and lots are incorrect.

Whilst Edin is tall, he's no slouch and is often seen eating the ground up with his long strides from defence and yes, he does play from there to spring attacks, if he can. His natural play was marginalised and, therefore, diminished under Mancini(much to my surprise) but, at least, now the team are seemingly more direct, in play, which will benefit us and Edin D, no end.
In your opinion...

I've got a bad feeling about Edin's season.

Too much praise going on, on Bluemoon.

Arsenal 5 days away.

Do you see Edin D starting the game?

Or do you guys think it will be Negredo/Aguero up front? Haven't seen Aguero play and Edin has a NT game against the U.S. on the 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.