Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
samharris said:
pudge said:
samharris said:
just looked on the OS;
Dzeko 51 mins.

why didnt they mention it was deflected??

oh yeah!! silly me..
It was a great goal, that happened to take a slight deflection, so what?

It's not that people are taking away from his goal, it's the ignorant denial of any deflection and the subsequent labelling of those that mention it "rags" that people are frustrated at.

This is my first post in this thread since the match so I haven't been involved in any argument, shocker..

Although, your above post and reasoning is shocking to be fair lol

Theres a book you really need to read pudge..

its called 'Sarcasm for dummies'.
But your implying that it's not important whether it was deflected, which is true.

But to some, as "you have already made your bed" it's hard to know if you meant it's not important to bring it up and "knock" him or just not important in the grand scheme of things.

I hope it's the latter to be fair

People complain that his goals get "dissected" but this is what's happened;

"Nice goal by Edin, regardless of the deflection"

"What deflection?! You're a rag"

pudge said:
samharris said:
pudge said:
It was a great goal, that happened to take a slight deflection, so what?

It's not that people are taking away from his goal, it's the ignorant denial of any deflection and the subsequent labelling of those that mention it "rags" that people are frustrated at.

This is my first post in this thread since the match so I haven't been involved in any argument, shocker..

Although, your above post and reasoning is shocking to be fair lol

Theres a book you really need to read pudge..

its called 'Sarcasm for dummies'.
But your implying that it's not important whether it was deflected, which is true.

But to some, as "you have already made your bed" it's hard to know if you meant it's not important to bring it up and "knock" him or just not important in the grand scheme of things.

I hope it's the latter to be fair

People complain that his goals get "dissected" but this is what's happened;

"Nice goal by Edin, regardless of the deflection"

"What deflection?! You're a rag"

I cant reply to sommat that I dont understand pudge.. sorry!!

karen7 said:
If he doesn't score he is shit,if he does score he is shit,there is no pleasing some people and they wont change their stance whatever he does.I hear his name sung at the matches and he is very confident right now so good luck to him
In fairness, I praised him after Newcastle and the only criticism I levied even close to his direction after Cardiff was a criticism of both forwards saying they didn't link well.

karen7 said:
If he doesn't score he is shit,if he does score he is shit,there is no pleasing some people and they wont change their stance whatever he does.I hear his name sung at the matches and he is very confident right now so good luck to him

He is winning me over for sure Karen.Just hope he keeps his performance levels at where they are right now

taconinja said:
karen7 said:
In fairness, I praised him after Newcastle and the only criticism I levied even close to his direction after Cardiff was a criticism of both forwards saying they didn't link well.

That is a fair and balanced view to have but for some they seem incapable of praising him for anything,even when he scores it is lucky because it took a slight deflection,who cares,he scored it and it was not he who lost us the match

It was a fucking deflection, but if it wasn't deflected, it would have been even better goal. I was wondering what would Dzeko haters have to say then.

taconinja said:
noise said:
Only Dzeko's goals get dissected to bits, to ensure he doesn't get any undeserved credit.
I would find this perhaps slightly more compelling except I think you were here when every sniffle and blink by Balotelli was dissected most often by really angry Dzeko fans.
It really wasn't just Dzeko fans, it was most people. Also to be fair Balotelli never deserved to be a 3rd choice striker ahead of Dzeko anyways, especially the last half season he was here, he just wasn't delivering. I think Dzeko had like 7 goals for Balo's 1 in the same amount of time on the pitch and Balo was starting ahead of Dzeko, which would frustrate the most player neutral of fans.

The interesting thing is, even without his great goal Dzeko was much better than Aguero, who had a real bad day on sunday.
Agueros 1st touch was terrible, he was too selfish, ran many times just into the defenders...
And still, all the bashing is still directed to Dzeko.

But, I'll try to resign myself to it.

noise said:
taconinja said:
noise said:
Only Dzeko's goals get dissected to bits, to ensure he doesn't get any undeserved credit.
I would find this perhaps slightly more compelling except I think you were here when every sniffle and blink by Balotelli was dissected most often by really angry Dzeko fans.
It really wasn't just Dzeko fans, it was most people. Also to be fair Balotelli never deserved to be a 3rd choice striker ahead of Dzeko anyways, especially the last half season he was here, he just wasn't delivering. I think Dzeko had like 7 goals for Balo's 1 in the same amount of time on the pitch and Balo was starting ahead of Dzeko, which would frustrate the most player neutral of fans.
Sure it was a lot of fans. Lots of Dzeko fans, though, were rather open about going after him to take heat off their guy. In fact, that entire forum discussion that went about 500 pages was explicitly started... let me emphasize that... the discussion was explicitly started... as in the guy posting the first post... to take the heat off Dzeko. This was before a single ball had been kicked in the season. So no "bu-bu-bu-but Dzeko scored 7 goals to Balotelli's 1!" nonsense. They had both scored zero. Z-E-R-O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.