Edin Dzeko

Would be a great decision to release Garcia and bring in Dzeko.

Im not sure Dzeko would want a short term deal at his age though.
I'm sure he would love to come back to us and play 6 months under Pep, good chance of a third Prem title and maybe even a crack at Europe

I'm also sure if he is prepared to do most of his work in training and not necessarily starting games we will find a role for him next year aswell

Would be a good option with the number of games and he would score goals. Would settle straight away. If there’s a chance even short term should get him.

Would he be a better option than Jesus right now? id say so.
Wouldn’t work as hard granted but I’d sooner Edin be going through 1 on 1 than Jesus if the result mattered on it.
Jesus isn’t going to replace Aguero’s goals ever, but he has earned his place in the squad as a very different player! He is class and one of the best in the world at what he does, so why do so many feel the need to arbitrarily shit on him??

Youd rather have Dzeko because he’s slightly more likely to finish a 1-on-1 if given that chance? Well, I’d rather have Jesus help the team for 90mins, close down, prevent possession/goals, create goals etc etc. He is far more valuable than an 8/10 v 6/10 on 1-on-1’s compared to Edin! And I’m glad Pep evidently agrees

Jesus isn’t going to replace Aguero’s goals ever, but he has earned his place in the squad as a very different player! He is class and one of the best in the world at what he does, so why do so many feel the need to arbitrarily shit on him??

Youd rather have Dzeko because he’s slightly more likely to finish a 1-on-1 if given that chance? Well, I’d rather have Jesus help the team for 90mins, close down, prevent possession/goals, create goals etc etc. He is far more valuable than an 8/10 v 6/10 on 1-on-1’s compared to Edin! And I’m glad Pep evidently agrees
Problem is when you play with one striker like we do most of the time your striker is expected to chip in with his fair share of goals and match winning goals at that...2 goals in 11 prem games this season, 5 goals in 17 appearances in all comps this year isn’t good enough in a team that creates as many chances as we do.

Don’t get me wrong I like Jesus and his work rate is class but I’m never confident he’ll score which until the last few weeks was an issue as nobody else was really chipping in either. He’s a great SQUAD player.

dezeko would be a good option for 6 months.

I mentioned him about a month ago, I'd love him back as a plan B.

He could bring even more grit and title-winning mentality to this squad as well, and one of the 2012 guys is always welcome back

I was fond of Edin but one thing I would never associate with his performances on the pitch is 'grit'.

I think he would be an excellent short term signing. He would give us more ammo at set pieces and we may score more from our crosses.

Problem is when you play with one striker like we do most of the time your striker is expected to chip in with his fair share of goals and match winning goals at that...2 goals in 11 prem games this season, 5 goals in 17 appearances in all comps this year isn’t good enough in a team that creates as many chances as we do.

Don’t get me wrong I like Jesus and his work rate is class but I’m never confident he’ll score which until the last few weeks was an issue as nobody else was really chipping in either. He’s a great SQUAD player.

dezeko would be a good option for 6 months.
I agree that Edin would be a good option, if we have a chance to get him, I just disagreed with the arbitrary dig at Jesus...

We will need to adapt when Aguero leaves, but we are already planning for that. If the team isn’t scoring then it’s a problem, but Jesus adds a lot to a squad that scores goals and that makes him invaluable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.