Edin Dzeko

I agree that Edin would be a good option, if we have a chance to get him, I just disagreed with the arbitrary dig at Jesus...

We will need to adapt when Aguero leaves, but we are already planning for that. If the team isn’t scoring then it’s a problem, but Jesus adds a lot to a squad that scores goals and that makes him invaluable.
I don’t know what the quota is for goals scored from a Jesus close-down for example, but I’d hazard a guess that it’s up there with any other player in world football.

A bit concerning though is that a Dzeko signing would almost signal that the club have lost belief in Aguero, even this season.

Having done a bit of digging I think his issues this seasohave stemmed more from behind the scenes stuff than anything. I suppose a reinvigorated Dzeko willing to serve as a rotation option and whatnot has far more pros than cons. For me this is one of those where I don't think we need it but if it happened I'd still be on board.

A bit concerning though is that a Dzeko signing would almost signal that the club have lost belief in Aguero, even this season.

Having done a bit of digging I think his issues this seasohave stemmed more from behind the scenes stuff than anything. I suppose a reinvigorated Dzeko willing to serve as a rotation option and whatnot has far more pros than cons. For me this is one of those where I don't think we need it but if it happened I'd still be on board.
Not really.... the fixture cogestion will be absurd and Gabby is prone to picking up 2-3 week injuries here and there. Edin would be very useful as emergency backup.

Not really.... the fixture cogestion will be absurd and Gabby is prone to picking up 2-3 week injuries here and there. Edin would be very useful as emergency backup.
I 100% believe that if the club thought that we'd always have at least 1 available then there would be no way they go for a striker on a short term basis. They aren't going to sign Dzeko to be a 3rd choice option who on the off chance of an injury becomes a 2nd choice option. Maybe if we aren't paying his wages it wouldn't be an issue but I don't see how that would ever transpire.

I 100% believe that if the club thought that we'd always have at least 1 available then there would be no way they go for a striker on a short term basis. They aren't going to sign Dzeko to be a 3rd choice option who on the off chance of an injury becomes a 2nd choice option. Maybe if we aren't paying his wages it wouldn't be an issue but I don't see how that would ever transpire.
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe this will happen as we're not a club that ever seems to even consider loaning players in for extra coverage, but my point is that if they were to make an exception this time, it wouldn't necessarily be a sign that they've lost all faith in Aguero or whatever. This season is unlike any other, and if Pep were open to it (which I don't think he would be lol), it could just be a matter of 'well, his agent has reached out and it wouldn't hurt to have extra back up given our problems with injuries and covid so far this season.'

But again... I don't think there's any truth behind these rumours at all lol, it sounds like some fan shared a fantasy about it on Twitter and some Italian journo decided to spin it into a rumour.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe this will happen as we're not a club that ever seems to even consider loaning players in for extra coverage, but my point is that if they were to make an exception this time, it wouldn't necessarily be a sign that they've lost all faith in Aguero or whatever. This season is unlike any other, and if Pep were open to it (which I don't think he would be lol), it could just be a matter of 'well, his agent has reached out and it wouldn't hurt to have extra back up given our problems with injuries and covid so far this season.'

But again... I don't think there's any truth behind these rumours at all lol, it sounds like some fan shared a fantasy about it on Twitter and some Italian journo decided to spin it into a rumour.
Well, I can at least agree with you that I don't think this is going to happen, and that this is something that City would never be likely to do anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.