Edin or Mario?

supercrystal7 said:
I never understand why Balotelli and Dzeko get so much stick. They are both class and they are not your problem. Balotelli is better than Dzeko, but is young. If the other areas of the team had been addressed then Balotelli and Dzeko would be pushing 40 goals between the pair of them.
You can't understand why Balo gets stick? might have something to do with constantly falling over, bad performances, looking disinterested and getting sent off.
And Dzeko doesn't fit into our style of play imo put him into Uniteds team he will score goals for fun.

greasedupdeafguy said:
supercrystal7 said:
I never understand why Balotelli and Dzeko get so much stick. They are both class and they are not your problem. Balotelli is better than Dzeko, but is young. If the other areas of the team had been addressed then Balotelli and Dzeko would be pushing 40 goals between the pair of them.
You can't understand why Balo gets stick? might have something to do with constantly falling over, bad performances, looking disinterested and getting sent off.
And Dzeko doesn't fit into our style of play imo put him into Uniteds team he will score goals for fun.
Fair enough about the red cards, but he was young and maturing. Has actually showed good self control since the start of the euro's. I predicted at the end of the season Aguero and Balotelli will be the first choice partnership for City and I stand by it.

If you looked at Dzeko's performance tonight you would say he was pretty terrible, but when you compare him to Lewandowski's, it hits home what a striker of that size should actually be doing. I can understand that Edin didn't have as many chances, but even his holding up and passing was atrocious.

razinho said:
If you looked at Dzeko's performance tonight you would say he was pretty terrible, but when you compare him to Lewandowski's, it hits home what a striker of that size should actually be doing. I can understand that Edin didn't have as many chances, but even his holding up and passing was atrocious.
I thought he was decent tonight.

razinho said:
now you're wrong about that. he gave the ball away on couple of occasions but nothing critical. his touch was good and the passing he did was brilliant at some points, but his runs were miscalculated and he wasn't lethal when he wasn't caught offside. in games such as these you get one or two opportunities, that's what made him look bad.

joezilla said:
razinho said:
now you're wrong about that. he gave the ball away on couple of occasions but nothing critical. his touch was good and the passing he did was brilliant at some points, but his runs were miscalculated and he wasn't lethal when he wasn't caught offside. in games such as these you get one or two opportunities, that's what made him look bad.
Fair enough mate, everyone's entitled to an opinion! I would like to know what passing could be seen as brilliant, excluding one towards the end when he knocked it towards Zaba?

razinho said:
joezilla said:
razinho said:
Fair enough mate, everyone's entitled to an opinion! I would like to know what passing could be seen as brilliant, excluding one towards the end when he knocked it towards Zaba?
the backheel pass to aguero at the very beginning, a through ball for silva and couple of headers sometimes in the first half and the one you mentioned were all very good, but unfortunately none of it resulted in a goal, so it doesn't matter that much.

Might aswell sell Dzeko in January. Fantastic player and an outstanding professional but if we're not going to play him right then we might aswell not play him at all. Asking Edin to play with his back to goal and playing intricate little passes is as good as sticking Aguero in DM and hoping for the best. Time and time again we have seen that, despite our system, when our style of play has altered momentarily and somebody plays Edin through, majority of the time he will score. Exactly how he used to score at Wolfsburg. If we can't build a team to suit him then there isn't much point in having him here, it just isn't fair in my opinion. There's still a huge place in the modern game for players like Edin, and if Mancini pulls his finger out and comes to realise this, there's no reason why he couldn't be first choice CF for us for years to come.

mcfc-mark said:
Might aswell sell Dzeko in January. Fantastic player and an outstanding professional but if we're not going to play him right then we might aswell not play him at all. Asking Edin to play with his back to goal and playing intricate little passes is as good as sticking Aguero in DM and hoping for the best. Time and time again we have seen that, despite our system, when our style of play has altered momentarily and somebody plays Edin through, majority of the time he will score. Exactly how he used to score at Wolfsburg. If we can't build a team to suit him then there isn't much point in having him here, it just isn't fair in my opinion. There's still a huge place in the modern game for players like Edin, and if Mancini pulls his finger out and comes to realise this, there's no reason why he couldn't be first choice CF for us for years to come.

I agree. Pains me to say it but RVP would have slotted into our play style perfectly. :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.