Edison Cavani

mrscitygirl said:
Cavani could win an Oscar,
much prefered Lavezzi, class
Cavani can finish. Great player, if a bit of a diving tart.
Lavezzi is a great player until it comes to kicking the ball into that big white thing with the net hanging off it.
I wouldn't touch Lavezzi with a barge pole to be honest, he is 27 and there are full backs in Europe with a better strike rate. Bellamy with an even worse goal record. No thanks.
I actually thought Maggio the right wing back was their fulcrum for all our troubles tonight. And Inler kept Yaya at bay.

LongsightM13 said:
I wouldn't touch Lavezzi with a barge pole to be honest, he is 27 and there are full backs in Europe with a better strike rate. Bellamy with an even worse goal record. No thanks.

But Lavezzi's role isn't really to just score goals, he creates loads of chances and bags a fair amount of goals but not a great amount. He is a game-changing player like Nani for the scum.

Cut Aguero and Dzeko, they didn't score. RUBBISH I TELLS YA!

Get Messi / Ronaldo / Pepe + Time Machine.

LoveCity said:
LongsightM13 said:

But Lavezzi's role isn't really to just score goals, he creates loads of chances and bags a fair amount of goals but not a great amount. He is a game-changing player like Nani for the scum.
But he would cost goal scoring centre forward money. He would be poor value when we could get young, improving stars like Martinez or Hazard for the same dosh or even less.
Cavani would improve us, not sure that Lavezzi would.

Lavezzi all day long, plays that wide role fucking great, one of the quickest players around too.

LongsightM13 said:
Cavani would improve us, not sure that Lavezzi would.

I disagree in that Cavani could only do what we're already doing - scoring loads of goals. Maybe he could improve us in CL games where Dzeko isn't performing but most of our games are domestic and we don't need another centre-forward.

What Lavezzi could do is offer the blistering pace out wide that we have not had since Bellamy and add one of maybe just two things our squad doesn't have (1. a speedy wide-man with lots of pace, 2. a deep-lying playmaker). I think he'd be a great signing... as for price, it is probably true that we could get someone like Hazard for a bit more but it all depends on the sort of player Mancini wants and Lavezzi strikes me as a Mancini type player in every way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.