EDS development

The reason of why i can't see youngster to start any time soon is because they are not mentally ready yet to given chance in the most important phase of season, in late season with many title still at stakes they have no chance at all as starter.

Maybe it will different if we lock up Premier League title early, but it's down to Pep and senior player fault that they didn't lock the title early as possible.

People still forget that they are still academy player while their skill is enough as backup/rotation player or in specific tactic scenario as a starter, mentally is not ready yet to be given the same responsibility as senior player in the first team.

Senior player having enough experience and maturity can handle mentally if City failed to win any title this season, they can bounce quickly from disappointment and focusing to get prepared for the next season. While youth academy player more often than not can't quickly recovered from their failure to keep up with the rest senior player in their first team mentally, so they need to be handled more carefully and let senior player takes the role as spacegoat from criticism in case team having a failure this season.
Thats correct,but there have been several opportunities in Cup games and in the 2nd half of League games,where we were cruising,that these kids could have gained valuable experience and built that mental strength.

The Academy has been poorly utilised this season.

Thats correct,but there have been several opportunities in Cup games and in the 2nd half of League games,where we were cruising,that these kids could have gained valuable experience and built that mental strength.

The Academy has been poorly utilised this season.

On contrary i think they have been utilized very well, although some case like Palmer and Delap is very unfortunate because they have been injured mid season. I can Pep deployed them more often had not been the case.

While i want to see academy player more, i can see the reason of why Pep is rather utilizing Bench player than Academy player.

There are reason the whole team from reguler and bench player in first team is happy working under Pep because they feel included even if they only mostly sit on the bench. Academy player is included that too, but their pecking order is lower than bench player because they need to understand that they can't just replace a senior first team member from the get go. They need to be integrated slowly just like Foden back then.

I mean Foden turned out to be great, i'm sure Pep his coaching team knows more on how to develop youth player than average fan on this forum. I have faith on him and his team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.