EDS future opportunities and progression?

We should have known better. After all, the only reason we got Shaun Wright-Phillips is because he was deemed "too small" to succeed.

We should have known better. After all, the only reason we got Shaun Wright-Phillips is because he was deemed "too small" to succeed.
Perhaps we do know better, I have no idea if this is implemented at City or not. Moving the U16's and U18's up a level this coming season will be interesting to watch mind.

From a Hammers Board yesterday.

"My sources have confirmed to me that one of the most promising young strikers in England is set to undergo a medical with the Club and a deal could be finalised in the near future".

Sounds like Campbell subject to agreed development fee.

Interesting piece on bio-banding youth players on Sky, I won't bother trying to explain it as I'd never heard of it either:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...oped-late-but-would-england-have-the-patience

As someone who was in a youth system of a championship club (then division 1) it's all very familiar to me.

I was one of the better players from 8 up to the age of around 14, then all of a sudden others matured faster and were physically bigger than me, and my days of being marked as someone with a bright future were suddenly numbered.

I stayed until I was 15 but was told that I was too small, albeit technically a promising player, and wouldn't be able to compete with the physicality of the next age group up. It was devastating at the time and pretty much ended my hopes of ever making a career in the game.

I'm not saying I would've made it, but there'll be thousands more cases of players who could've been great had this type of bio bonding existed in England.

Huge statement of intent today when the new kit was revealed - it was presented on stage by 3 of our youth team Captains and then by Kelechi - A clear indication of the direction the club are taking IMO and a really positive message to the kids themselves.

Both intelligent and inspiring,bring it on!

Pretty cool picture. Nacho is a shoo-in but I hope the other three get a decent look this summer.

Pretty cool picture. Nacho is a shoo-in but I hope the other three get a decent look this summer.

Beat me to it!

To be fair, the kit looks far better on the players than all the leaks looked, here's hoping the kids will be included in more than just the kit launch!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.