EFL Cup 17/18 December

Went to the BBC football Premier League page. Main headline reads "Arsenal target Arteta to travel with Man City for cup tie". Then went to EFL Page and it reads "Aston Villa score five against the youngest team in Liverpool's history". Jeez the lengths they go to deflect attention away from any negative regarding Livarpool and put any spin they can on them. If that it had been us it would be "Villa hammer City 5-0". BBC even go on to say "None of the Liverpool players were alive the last time Villa won a trophy, when they beat Leeds to win this competition in 1996."
Klopp chose to play that team and prioritise the Club World Cup over it. They got their arses spanked tonight and deservedly so. No ifs, buts or maybes.

No other team in the history of association football has had more ifs, buts, maybes heaped on their undeserving heads. Cast yer minds back to the CFC v City FAC match when we played kids and got something marginally better than the Dippers last night - a 5-1 thumping - and all we read in the RDAHMeedya was how disrepectful! I read the first phrase of the match report in the DT this morning and binned it - "The youngest team . . . . . . . . "

Does anybody seriously believe that City would have done anything different from what Liverpool have done in this ridiculous situation? All the football authorities have done is cheapen the competition and undermine the integrity of the game in pursuit of money . Yet another reason why my love of the game is dwindling.

Does anybody seriously believe that City would have done anything different from what Liverpool have done in this ridiculous situation? All the football authorities have done is cheapen the competition and undermine the integrity of the game in pursuit of money . Yet another reason why my love of the game is dwindling.

Yes I do.

City would have left peripheral squad players like Shaqiri, Keita Origi and others to help the junior players and they could have flown out for the 2nd game

Yes I do.

City would have left peripheral squad players like Shaqiri, Keita Origi and others to help the junior players and they could have flown out for the 2nd game
I honestly doubt we would . Money is the only thing that matters now in football.

Yes I do.

They are playing a pub team today and the final on Saturday. Squad players could have been left behind to help with the game yesterday and then flown out today. If they were serious about the competition they could have done it. Can anyone tell me the last three winners of this holiday cup they have flown out for or even who won it last year? We have better youth players anyway than them so the likes of Doyle, Garcia, THB etc could have played but we could also have supplemented them with the likes of Carson, Cancelo, Angelino etc. Even one of the Silva's cold have stayed to help. LiVARpool could have left Gomez, Milner, Shaquri, Origi and a keeper. But no they have all gone on a jolly and unsurprisingly played the victim card

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.