elano to go out on loan

Its a question whether we can get better from any replacement in both the short term and the long.

If he goes on loan and we don't replace him with a better player its not going to do us any favours at all.

We are short on fit players as it is in key areas at the moment , we don't want to be loaning out those who are if we are not going to replace them with better ones who are.

A statement of Intent to the squad from Leslie "shape up or ship out"?

Marvin said:
ejohn said:
Folk who understand football know that Elano is a class act who is not played in his best position.

Its as simple as that.
Please explain why he has been so inconsistent over 2 seasons under 2 managers

In his first season his fitness was so poor that he could not last beyond 60 mins, and was labelled a flop in the media after he picked up the tag as the most subbed player in the Premiership

He has good technical ability, but I prefer Ireland, SWP, and Robinho in the attacking midfield positions.

Keep on the bench as a squad player. If he really is unhappy with that, then let him go

He's being used by the moronic tendency as a stick with which to beat the manager. A few weeks ago it was SWP can't play in midfield, or Jo is better than Benjani. when these opinion sare exposed, they move on to something else

Have you given up your campaign of barracking Vassell yet?

some sense at last

well, ireland has got more MOM peformances in the last 3 months than Elano has in his 16 months here. ireland is also effective in two, maybe three roles, whereas even those who think elano MUST play always tag on that he must play in behind the striker. the obvious truth here is that elano is not producing enough to justify us organising the team around him. i'd love to keep him as a squad player, but he's not happy about it, and the whole issue becomes very divisive, so frankly it becomes a problem that we could do without. there ARE other talented players out there that we could get hold of.

look, not one reference to MH!

moomba said:
mackenzie said:
But you can also say that the "evidence" you refer to re Hughes is also part of the internet gossip mill.

Like most of the threads on this message board.

And you feel obliged to defend Elano, whilst I feel obliged to defend Hughes.

Don't mind people defending Hughes. But there are a few that won't stand for any questioning or criticism of him, and that IMO makes their opinion a bit worthless.

Whilst I have no real gripe with Elano, I do think that his standing with some City fans has been raised since they read of the confrontations that are said to have happened between him and Hughes.

I wouldn't have thought so. I think now more than ever where faced with the question as to whether or not we want him to be part of our future. And while so many are re-writing history regarding his attirubutes and his contribution to the club over the past 18 months or so, then you are going to find defenders. And while people think that it is Hughes standing between Elano staying at the club and not, then you're always going to find that he will cop some backlash.

And one more thing, your edited reply to my earlier post. I HAVE seen your attempts to be balanced in this debate (I do tend to read things from beginning to end, contrary to your opinion), I was merely stating a general opinion about how the forum appears as a whole.

Fair enough, no hard feelings (even though I think you're wrong on that). ;)

Moomba.

Stop fighting dirty....you know I can't do all this quoting shite.;-)

Anyway, no hard feelings from me either. My original post on this thread (that quoted YOUR post) was actually looking to you as someone who does see the balance. There was a kind of plea there that went unnoticed I think.

mackenzie said:
moomba said:
mackenzie said:
But you can also say that the "evidence" you refer to re Hughes is also part of the internet gossip mill.

Like most of the threads on this message board.

And you feel obliged to defend Elano, whilst I feel obliged to defend Hughes.

Don't mind people defending Hughes. But there are a few that won't stand for any questioning or criticism of him, and that IMO makes their opinion a bit worthless.

Whilst I have no real gripe with Elano, I do think that his standing with some City fans has been raised since they read of the confrontations that are said to have happened between him and Hughes.

I wouldn't have thought so. I think now more than ever where faced with the question as to whether or not we want him to be part of our future. And while so many are re-writing history regarding his attirubutes and his contribution to the club over the past 18 months or so, then you are going to find defenders. And while people think that it is Hughes standing between Elano staying at the club and not, then you're always going to find that he will cop some backlash.

And one more thing, your edited reply to my earlier post. I HAVE seen your attempts to be balanced in this debate (I do tend to read things from beginning to end, contrary to your opinion), I was merely stating a general opinion about how the forum appears as a whole.

Fair enough, no hard feelings (even though I think you're wrong on that). ;)

Moomba.

Stop fighting dirty....you know I can't do all this quoting shite.;-)

Anyway, no hard feelings from me either. My original post on this thread (that quoted YOUR post) was actually looking to you as someone who does see the balance. There was a kind of plea there that went unnoticed I think.

Personally I think he is a brilliant player, cant see where he will play though

I think he is a good player that can do a job somewhere. Just not sure it's in the Prem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.