elano to go out on loan

I swear Hughes could break into some peoples house, take a dump in their kitchen and they'd still find a way to blame Elano for it.

Once again, more re-writing of history regarding his contributions to the club since he joined. He's been one of our best from day one, and even when he's been down on form he's contributed much more than a number of other players that are defended to the hilt.

I guess when you cross "Sparky" you cross a number of people on this forum as well.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Marvin said:
Ireland has a better all round game - I don't think there are many better midfielders in the Premiership

I agree Elano started the game very brightly against Everton, and his best position is in the hole behind the front man, but 20 mins a game is not good enough.

Compare and contrast his performance with Arteta in that game.

elano seems to have improved his fitness this season, and he isn't rolling around on the ground like he did for much of last season, but I don't think he can complain about being on the bench this season - mind you I don't expect him to be happy about that either.

Of more immediate importance is what to do about our lack of defensive midfield options, and the striker "crisis" that will probably lead us into playing a very young and inexperienced striker in pressure games.

Elano is a side-isse which has been jumped on by Hughes detractors, but it does not explain our problems

If Ireland has a better all round game which i agree with when taking into account defensive attributes then why isn't he playing in a deeper role and therefore using his better ability to tackle, work hard etc to greater effect than Elano does in the role alongside Kompany? Elano IMO is a better player than Ireland in an attacking sense and therefore should have been given more of a chance in the role behind the striker

You're right about 20 minutes not being good enough but it's difficult for Elano when the defenders are missing our the midfield and instead playing the long ball as they did after the first 20 minutes on Saturday. Players like Elano, Robinho and SWP are best when the balls at the feet hence why Saturday annoyed me so much because we were creating chances when we got it down and passed it about but that tactic soon disappeared

I agree 100% with this. Elano is a better finisher than Ireland ultimately and will do more damage in an attacking midfield role. I have no doubt that Ireland would do very well playing in a deeper position as he has the energy to get forward when needed.

elano shouldnt go.....we need players of his calibre.

we need to offload vass benjani and various others first.......

this wont happen till the summer unfortunately.

He was our top scorer earlier in the season. Has scored 4 goals. He looked brilliant again. Then the shit has hit the fan somewhere.

forevercity said:
Big G said:
markbmcfc said:
Elano going out on loan adds weight to Kaka possibly signing imo...

Would it not be better for Kaka to have a Brazilian buddy around to help him settle in that bit easier?

yup. elano is great friends with robinho and kaka, what better way of enticing kaka here and keeping robinho happy than getting rid of elano?!?

fucking hughes and his stubborness, i bet he signs savage in the transfer window

I take your point but I think if Robinho had a choice, he'd rather Kaka be here than Elano - for footballing reasons. We wont keep Elano and sign Kaka - too many players for the same position.

It might not be Kaka but i think by allowing Elano to leave, he has a creative player lined up to replace him - i dont think Elano leaves and nobody of the same mould replaces him. If Kaka wants to come (hasnt said he doesnt) and we can afford to get him (we can) then he's the obvious replacement for Elano.

moomba said:
I swear Hughes could break into some peoples house, take a dump in their kitchen and they'd still find a way to blame Elano for it.

And I swear you can post anything on here sounding even slightly negative about the goings on at MCFC and Hughes would get blamed for it.

See how it's easy to see it from a different viewpoint?

The truth is that nobody on here really has any idea of a "bigger picture."

For example, if we have already done a deal for a "big" name in January then Elano will be forgotten. Overnight.

mackenzie said:
And I swear you can post anything on here sounding even slightly negative about the goings on at MCFC and Hughes would get blamed for it.

Utter rubbish, and just shows how little you read before jumping to conclusions.

moomba said:

Once again, more re-writing of history regarding his contributions to the club since he joined. He's been one of our best from day one, and even when he's been down on form he's contributed much more than a number of other players that are defended to the hilt.

I guess when you cross "Sparky" you cross a number of people on this forum as well.

Bang on. All this Elano knocking Hughes defending bullshit is getting tedious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.