Elano's Depature

Wasnt Elano one of the gang of three, along with TBH and ? that allegedly went behind the managers back to Garry Cook? Once you start that game there is only one winner.
Having said that I'm sad to see him go and it seems a shame there is no place for a player of such ability in our team.

The Fat el Hombre said:
It was his constant whingeing to the press that bothered me most, whether he had a problem with Hughes or not

It's all Hughes fault Elano always underperformed though. Even when he underperformed for Sven so long - that was Hughes' fault

BillyShears looks stupid everytime he posts.

LOL@you thinking Elano underperformed in every game. Even when he's gone you still can't help coming up with bullshit, you'll turn on Ade/Robbie within a year I reckon.

Nobody disputes Elano's undoubted abilities. Its a non-debate.

Central to MH's approach/focus is last season's woeful away displays and points tally. If we had players that were skillful, consistent, committed and put a tackle in, we may just have made the top 4 last season. The absence of this type of player in the away matches put paid to our hopes of top 6, as well as any notable striker with physical presence.

The team simply could not sustain both him and Robinho away from home. We were simply blown away physically. Football here demands the physical and the skillful, you simply have to have them both. Elano had to accept that he did not compete away from home. Robinho too had his moments, but MH bottled his substitutions until late in the season. Its a no-brainer that we could not use Elano in every match. Elano could not accept this as he has world cup ambitions - as does Robinho.

Robinho may have to accept similar treatment, he is no more the only 'superstar' in the team. He may have to up the ante a little himself away from home or accept a similar fate.

Disturbance said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
It was his constant whingeing to the press that bothered me most, whether he had a problem with Hughes or not

It's all Hughes fault Elano always underperformed though. Even when he underperformed for Sven so long - that was Hughes' fault

LOL@you thinking Elano underperformed in every game. Even when he's gone you still can't help coming up with bullshit, you'll turn on Ade/Robbie within a year I reckon.

LOL.

Sticks and stones...

Disturbance said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Elano didn't underperform in evry game, just the vast majority that he played in

If Ade or Robbie start playing crap for ages and persistently whinge like little bitches to the press and cause trouble within the camp, then yea I'd probably begin to take exception with them.

Elano's gone. I think we will get behind Hughes and hope of bright season. With our force now we can challenge with top4 not bottom4 as last season otherwise I will get behind Hughes in his departure day as well. LOL
Don't be serious, City will go on.

S8124498-9.jpg

Kirkstall Blue said:
Elano has revealed he had to leave Manchester City for Galatasaray in order to safeguard his place in Brazil's World Cup squad.

The schemer has signed a four-year contract with the Turkish giants after spending the previous two seasons with City.

He impressed during his debut campaign under Sven Goran Eriksson, but was in and out of the side following Mark Hughes' appointment as manager.

The likes of Inter Milan and Juventus had been linked with the 28-year-old and he confirmed he had received several offers.

However, he believes linking up with Galatasaray presents him with the best opportunity to claim a spot in Brazil coach Dunga's plans for next summer's World Cup in South Africa.
Dream
"I spoke with my national coach Dunga and he told me it will be difficult to enter me on his World Cup list if I am not playing football regularly," said Elano.

"I need time on the field. This season is very important. I dream of playing in the World Cup.

"I have received a few other offers, but this is the best one for me and City.

"I never had any problems with the coach, but Hughes may not have had total confidence in me."

To everybody who said we had a hidden agenda for being disappointed in Elano's departure,
SSN are reporting the above quotes from Elano in which he states he had "no problem with Hughes" he just wanted first team football for the world cup. So as I always thought dressing room fallouts were just paper talk and I'm really glad he has come out and put an end to all the gossip that he fell out with the manager.

'no problem with Hughes' ???

Are we taking his word for that then?

All you elano worshippers going on about " good enough for brazil but not city ", check your facts, he spent more time on brazils bench than lou macari.

john blue said:
All you elano worshippers going on about " good enough for brazil but not city ", check your facts, he spent more time on brazils bench than lou macari.

Not recently he hasn't, he's played a lot of games for Brazil over the last couple of years and started most of them

remoh said:
Kirkstall Blue said:
Elano has revealed he had to leave Manchester City for Galatasaray in order to safeguard his place in Brazil's World Cup squad.

The schemer has signed a four-year contract with the Turkish giants after spending the previous two seasons with City.

He impressed during his debut campaign under Sven Goran Eriksson, but was in and out of the side following Mark Hughes' appointment as manager.

The likes of Inter Milan and Juventus had been linked with the 28-year-old and he confirmed he had received several offers.

However, he believes linking up with Galatasaray presents him with the best opportunity to claim a spot in Brazil coach Dunga's plans for next summer's World Cup in South Africa.
Dream
"I spoke with my national coach Dunga and he told me it will be difficult to enter me on his World Cup list if I am not playing football regularly," said Elano.

"I need time on the field. This season is very important. I dream of playing in the World Cup.

"I have received a few other offers, but this is the best one for me and City.

"I never had any problems with the coach, but Hughes may not have had total confidence in me."

To everybody who said we had a hidden agenda for being disappointed in Elano's departure,
SSN are reporting the above quotes from Elano in which he states he had "no problem with Hughes" he just wanted first team football for the world cup. So as I always thought dressing room fallouts were just paper talk and I'm really glad he has come out and put an end to all the gossip that he fell out with the manager.

'no problem with Hughes' ???

Are we taking his word for that then?

As opposed to believing unsubstantiated rumours about him causing dressing room unrest? For which there was NO evidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.