Elano's passing????

I haven't posted on here for a long time...keeping my head down about MH etc.

Thing I spot in our games are this:

It's no use JH hoofing it up the park because nobody wins the ball up there

We actually have little passing/ball keeping skill because after 6 passes the ball either goes back or we lose it

tamworthblue said:

We actually have little passing/ball keeping skill because after 6 passes the ball either goes back or we lose it

Are you sure you haven't been watching the tills in the City shop???

welcome back :-)

tamworthblue said:

Good point, we seem to miss the creativity in midfield when hoofed by JH.

mammutly said:
tamworthblue said:

Are you sure you haven't been watching the tills in the City shop???

welcome back :-)

Fuckin' ell. Do you write all this stuff down in a diary?

Putting aside that some of Elanos passing was awry it was damn sight better than the hoof and punt of some of our players. I hope we weve got the sense toi hang onto all of our better players till the end of the season and see where we are then. After all it is possible we could be under new management and then see what squad is wanted. As for 4-5 million for a current Brazilian international who could pick up a winners medal in 2010, you have got to be having a laugh? Try 10-12 and not till the summer.

Elanos_Right_Boot said:
Putting aside that some of Elanos passing was awry it was damn sight better than the hoof and punt of some of our players. I hope we weve got the sense toi hang onto all of our better players till the end of the season and see where we are then. After all it is possible we could be under new management and then see what squad is wanted. As for 4-5 million for a current Brazilian international who could pick up a winners medal in 2010, you have got to be having a laugh? Try 10-12 and not till the summer.

I wan't to keep Elano. That's a management problem for me...somebody smart enough will get the best out of him. Maybe we are playing 'square pegs in round holes' at the moment.

I agree with Tamworth Blue. Definately worth keeping for his passing ability. If Mourinho is sniffing around after him then definately keep him. Makes it a lot easier in the summer :)

Elanos_Right_Boot said:
I agree with Tamworth Blue. Definately worth keeping for his passing ability. If Mourinho is sniffing around after him then definately keep him. Makes it a lot easier in the summer :)

Yes, that's a point. I can't remember the two other teams sniffing, but the fact that they are, means that Elano is considered a serious player. Has Hughes a big enough brain to get hin onboard?

Elanos_Right_Boot said:

Too sensible and correct............be gone with you

A player with a copa America winners medal, 30+ caps and a regular in the brazil side (not just squad) and who Mourinho - who if you read this forum is next to cleanliness when it comes to football - is after is being touted as shit. I think i know whos opinion ill take.

Elano is playing far too deep to be truly effective, the same argument so can make about when Ireland has poor games playing on the left (eg Fulham), he is at his best playing behind a two or a free role in the second striker position. I love him to bits but he shouldnt be playing in that position, if Johnson was fit it wouldnt be a problem but who else would you stick there.

You can easily argue that Elano gives hte ball away a fair bit which is true - but this is because he always wants it - whenever our defenders or kompany has it Elano is always coming short and making himself available. The fact he then turns and has no real easy options going forward means he is going to look for the more difficult pass. I think its brazilian mentality to fo forward always and not sideways or backwards, but i would argue that if more of our forwards could read the game to a top standard then then passes he plays would more often that not find there targets.

Watch him for brazil when his forward passing options are to players of real football pedigree, players who are intelligent footballers and these passes find their target a lot more.

To sum up - no he shouldnt be playing in that position, but he never goes hiding in games and its not suprising he gets pissed off when he gets taken off and SWP who had a stinker gets moved into his position and Vassell comes on and in the 20 mins - didnt actually make contact with the ball with any part of his body.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.