Elano's passing????

MCRJON said:
A player with a copa America winners medal, 30+ caps and a regular in the brazil side (not just squad) and who Mourinho - who if you read this forum is next to cleanliness when it comes to football - is after is being touted as shit. I think i know whos opinion ill take.

Elano is playing far too deep to be truly effective, the same argument so can make about when Ireland has poor games playing on the left (eg Fulham), he is at his best playing behind a two or a free role in the second striker position. I love him to bits but he shouldnt be playing in that position, if Johnson was fit it wouldnt be a problem but who else would you stick there.

You can easily argue that Elano gives hte ball away a fair bit which is true - but this is because he always wants it - whenever our defenders or kompany has it Elano is always coming short and making himself available. The fact he then turns and has no real easy options going forward means he is going to look for the more difficult pass. I think its brazilian mentality to fo forward always and not sideways or backwards, but i would argue that if more of our forwards could read the game to a top standard then then passes he plays would more often that not find there targets.

Watch him for brazil when his forward passing options are to players of real football pedigree, players who are intelligent footballers and these passes find their target a lot more.

To sum up - no he shouldnt be playing in that position, but he never goes hiding in games and its not suprising he gets pissed off when he gets taken off and SWP who had a stinker gets moved into his position and Vassell comes on and in the 20 mins - didnt actually make contact with the ball with any part of his body.

On that positive post I'm offf to bed, nice one......

Totally agree,Elano was awful again against Blackburn and this is not picking on one player but he's leaving the team a man short nearly every game. Rumors today of Scott Parker & he would be an excellent buy.

im sorry but i think elano is a bit of a liability.
sure hes a talented player but i think he is a detriment to the team.
the man consistently gives the ball away trying to play killer passes and puts the team nder pressure. surely we can see this?
he has no strength or pace at all. he doesnt tackle.
he doesnt head it. he choses the wrong options all the time and especially away from home i can hardly recollect a good game hes had for a long while.
sure hes good at home against weak opposition when were 3 nill up.
not a fan to be honest which is disappointing to say because when he first signed i thought wow what a player !

Re: Elamo's passing????

forevercity said:
kevstar said:
Anyone else noticed that if Elano can't get a pass to his boyfriend Robby, he gives it to the opposition.?
I know Shauny was a bit off today but Elano thinks he is world class and Shauny is honest about his ability.
Les - get rid quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a legend on his own bedroom wall but sh*te on the pitch!!
(Rumour has it, Shauny and Stevey gave him some toffees before the Blackburn game but he still couldn't pass the ball to his team colleagues.)

Elano's passing wasnt amazing today, but SWP, Kompany and Robinho's final ball were all worse than Elano, stop picking on one player for a poor poor performance

This x 1000

Why do some of our fans always have to have a boo boy?

I though Elano was very unlucky to be substituted, he got more right than wrong in that game. SWP and Ireland went AWOL for 70 mins.

Arturo said:
Totally agree,Elano was awful again against Blackburn and this is not picking on one player but he's leaving the team a man short nearly every game. Rumors today of Scott Parker & he would be an excellent buy.

Do you think SWP had a better game against Blackburn than him then?

Why is it so bad that he tries to find a killer pass and gives it away sometimes? Is it really that much worse than when the defence and Hart try long punts up to our non-existent target men, constantly giving the ball away? I say it's a risk worth taking to be honest... if one of those passes comes off, he creates a goal. Anybody trying to say that bringing Vass on to replace Elano is good tactics hasn't a clue in my opinion... what does he bring to the team? He tries, bless him- but he rarely gets the ball and when he does he promptly loses it

I've commented on Elano's inconsistency but I thought that he had one of his better game last night away from Eastlands and was far more prominent than SWP and Robinho (well until the 94th minute in the latters case).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.