Electric cars

the thing that puts me off a second hand one is how long are the batteries going to last, im led to believe that the the cost of the battery pack is around 40% of the car although i may be wrong and there is not enough significant data as to how long they are going to last before needing replacing and that worries me a little.
Tesla has 1,000,000 vehicles. Expect some degradation, but warranty is 120,000 miles!

Try finding someone with the knowledge to fix these cars outside of the main dealerships it's near impossible. I run a Toyota Prius, a car that's been around for over 20 years yet hardly anyone knows how to fix the electric side of things.
What’s gone wrong with “the electric side of things”?

I would imagine that once the battery is out of warranty the car has essentially no value.
Not true, but I understand the concerns people have.

Most people who want one do the research to know the ins and outs, but the casual driver probably doesn’t need the hassle, even if they could save money and the air at the same time.

That’s why hybrids shoukd be encouraged, most town driving would be on electric stopping pollution for everyone and then longer journeys use normal fuel, if your in a traffic jam it then goes back to electric so no pollution, I do think electric will be superseded once they can unlock hydrogen properly
I learned to drive in a propane powered Mazda 6! 2/3 of the boot was a propane tank!!

Just what I alluded to in the post, I've had a Prius for 7 years and in that time battery issues twice. It was very difficult to find someone with the knowledge of how to fix them, this is with a car first made in 2001! The technology is quite mature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.