Electric cars

I live in a flat so I'd be reliant on the public network.

A couple of general questions regarding electric and plug in hybrids:
What are the typical costs in terms of pence per mile for electric vehicles?
Do all plug in hybrids suffer from a shortage of luggage space as they have batteries and a fuel tank? A mate of mine loves the Toyota hybrid system as is now on his third petrol hybrid, but was put off a plug in hybrid due to the reduced boot space.
Don't know about other plug-in hybrids but i have a Mercedes E300de and it has a slightly annoying shelf in the boot where the batteries are that reduces the space. However, that said, 99% of the time I don't really need the extra space it takes up. it's only when I take the family on holiday in which case I strap on a roof rack and job done.

Don't know about other plug-in hybrids but i have a Mercedes E300de and it has a slightly annoying shelf in the boot where the batteries are that reduces the space. However, that said, 99% of the time I don't really need the extra space it takes up. it's only when I take the family on holiday in which case I strap on a roof rack and job done.
The family dont mind going on the roof rack then?

Google is your friend :)

Edit: Hitachi owned 25% already, they've bought up the rest by the looks.

Do BP, Shell, Esso etc secretly own Hitachi?

Surprising to see the price of charge points rocket already when EVs are only just starting to build some momentum though.

Can only presume they know that the owners of EVs are well off and prepared to pay top whack.

Already charging 40p/kw. You can see it coming.

Wow BP own the largest charging company in the UK. You couldn't make this up.

I'm sure they've justified it with some nonsense like they're a 'energy' company and not an oil company.

Massive conflict of interests there and surely only bad for everyone and the badgers.

Do BP, Shell, Esso etc secretly own Hitachi?

Surprising to see the price of charge points rocket already when EVs are only just starting to build some momentum though.

Can only presume they know that the owners of EVs are well off and prepared to pay top whack.
Bp Pulse just wrote to us to say their prices are rising across the board so they can continue with the expansion of their nationwide network. Current membership is going up to £7.85 a month and then 16p a kw. We are going to sac them off and pay as non subscribe members as the membership does not justify our personal usage. We use them in the Stall, Clitheroe and Fairhaven park at Saint Anne's but not enough usage to justify membership fees. Non subscription members will pay 20p a kw which I'm OK with. Doing the math's I would have to use 196 kw a month just to break even : /

They have partnered with OVO Energy for EV drivers and if you switch to OVO on tarrif EV Everywhere then your pulse subscription fee is free for two years. We currently use Avro as they have all round excellent pricing regardless of when you use them. This suits us better.

Dear Gunny

Yesterday, we sent you a note about our changing tariffs from the 10th of June 2021. Please see below a correction of the tariffs that were released for Registered and Contactless/Guest users.

Last year, we installed more rapid and ultra-fast charging locations than any other company and we remain the most used network in the UK. These changes to our pricing will allow us to continue investing in our network and continue to be able to deliver the highest levels of service.

Our new tariffs are:

mail

Thank you for continuing to be a part of the bp pulse network.

Kind regards,
BP

Last edited:
What are maintenance/service cost like on an EV or hybrid? Are the service points the same for the ICE element of hybrids as on as on similar full ICE vehicles?
As for full costs: If 3 miles per KW is correct then my diesel equivalent is 41p per KW given overall average of 44 mpg. Or 36p per KW if I avoid the city centre and get 50 mpg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.