Electric cars

For anyone who is considering moving to electric you should absolutely do it! From my own experience with both Audi and Hyundai, they are amazing to drive as they have instant power as you press the accelerator. The 1 thing I will say as has previously been mentioned you should invest in a home charger but do your homework so you know the best choice for you. Realistically if the difference of upgrading to a 22kw charger is a couple of 100 pound it will be worth every penny with how much quicker it charges.

Just been reading that someone's taken over the EV stations on the motorway. 50p a Kw coming soon. They will be making it just as expensive to tank up your EV as an ICE car.

Just been reading that someone's taken over the EV stations on the motorway. 50p a Kw coming soon. They will be making it just as expensive to tank up your EV as an ICE car.

Had mine since January and only charged twice on the public network!

Had mine since January and only charged twice on the public network!
I live in a flat so I'd be reliant on the public network.

A couple of general questions regarding electric and plug in hybrids:
What are the typical costs in terms of pence per mile for electric vehicles?
Do all plug in hybrids suffer from a shortage of luggage space as they have batteries and a fuel tank? A mate of mine loves the Toyota hybrid system as is now on his third petrol hybrid, but was put off a plug in hybrid due to the reduced boot space.

I live in a flat so I'd be reliant on the public network.

A couple of general questions regarding electric and plug in hybrids:
What are the typical costs in terms of pence per mile for electric vehicles?
Do all plug in hybrids suffer from a shortage of luggage space as they have batteries and a fuel tank? A mate of mine loves the Toyota hybrid system as is now on his third petrol hybrid, but was put off a plug in hybrid due to the reduced boot space.

I have the Kuga plug in. Boot space is slightly smaller so the 12v battery can fit in the boot (where the spare tyre would usually be), but the actual hybrid battery is under the full length of the car

plenty of room in the boot, and the back seats move forward and back to make more legroom or boot space too

edit- 645 litre Boot space in the normal one, and 581 in the hybrid, so not a huge difference

Going off 3 miles per Kw, it’s as expensive as a diesel already, maybe more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.