Electric/Hybrid Cars

As long as you're aware that the biggest element of that by far is burning wood.

Shipped from Canada...

Edit, Ecotricity claim that's not the case, it will be for other 'green' suppliers though.

GreenEnergyMix_1718_rgb.jpg

Wouldn't we be better going down this route? Electric cars still burn fossil fuels when charging

To produce usable hydrogen you have to steam it out which produces greenhouse gases or use expensive electrolysis with electricity to separate it.

Neither of those methods is renewable or green.

As long as you're aware that the biggest element of that by far is burning wood.

This is from Ecotricity's website so I'm happy with my choice:

When we talk about green energy, we mean electricity and gas made from renewable sources. No fossil fuels, and no animal by-products. Just green electricity made from the wind, the sun and the sea, and green gas made from organic material and, soon, grass.

And we don't just supply green energy, we make it ourselves – we’ve built windmills and sunmills across Britain, helping to supply our customers with 100% green electricity.

Our green gas is 14% now – we’re going to grow that percentage by building our own green gasmills, the first of which already has planning permission.

Anyone got one or can anyone recommend one?

The lease on my Mazda CZ-3 expires in October so I'm on the look out. Buying the Mazda outright is completely out of the question. Boot is too small

I fancy doing my bit for the environment and as I only work 3 miles from home, I could do it with an electric car. I have a 2 year old child so need decent boot space

The Jag E-Pace is supposed to be good and decent value apparently but I haven't looked into it in great detail but I also believe that during 2019 more electric/hybrids will be coming onto the market

All advice and recommendations will be appreciated

Cheers

It might be worth reading this before you decide either way.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/dec/25/how-green-are-electric-cars

Aren't they ditching the Volt in favour of the Bolt? All electric rather than half and half?
The Volt is being dropped. Having both an ICE and all the EV infrastructure in a car is both heavy and expensive. It was a proof of concept vehicle that lasted 8 model years and through two designs, but it lacked a few things...EV range and a full sized adult back seat like the Honda Accord...or the Bolt!

The Future is clear...higher battery density, better EV range, improved charging infrastructure.

In a perfect world, every home would have Level 2 charging ability, with solar generation, and we would all drive in almost silent, pollution free vehicles powered by the sun...just like our homes!

To produce usable hydrogen you have to steam it out which produces greenhouse gases or use expensive electrolysis with electricity to separate it.

Neither of those methods is renewable or green.
Fair enough, I'm no expert on these things

For what it's worth I have driven the BMW i3s for 4 months now as a company car and I would highly recommend it for the OP's situation.. it's a superb car

I have decided I will go BEV for my next car and not choose hybrid option.. this leaves 2 choices for me at this time.. The Hyundai Kona 64kw which has a lead time of circa 6 months ( I wont retire for at least a year yet) unless you opt for grey or the Tesla Model 3 which is going to cost me circa £40k and is supposed to launch this year.

I did have a Tesla pre-ordered but cashed in, a decision I regret, but I'll see what my customer at work can do about that (I work for a Tesla supplier and Tesla are my key account)

I am leaning toward the Tesla because of the dedicated charger network but it also has CCS in the UK so I know I can fast charge in lots of places...Let's hope the Ecotricity (Electric Highway) CCS woes are eradicated with their new charger rollout...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.