Electric Shavers

TCIB

I recently bought one that had countless good reviews both by "pro's" and regular amazon reviews. It is the Sweetlf 3D... i am about to bin the thing because it basically shaves you by ripping out your facial hair.

I am new to this so read up i have to let my facial hair and skin "learn" to work with a dry shaver, this sounds like a big red flag, is this always the case or corporate nonsense? As it happens i have allowed for this but it still bloody hurts.

My facial hair is pretty tough and wiry so really i was wondering if anyone has any solid advice because im just not using this one again, it really hurts, even if i use pacific shaving oil on my face or have a hot bath to soften the hair. It still pulls unless you already basically have no need to shave. 1-2 mm is enough for this to really hurt so it seems useless.

Are the Panasonic 14-15k cpm ones better due to the 30 degree blade and high speed of the cutters? or is someone with wiry facial hair doomed to wet shaves forever more? Are Braun as good as the reviews say and worth the extra cost?

Any advice is very welcome :-)

I use one of these trimmers.

gmt900n-conairman-istubble-trimmer-MAIN.png

I also have one of these for my lugs and strills.

188.png

I recently bought one that had countless good reviews both by "pro's" and regular amazon reviews. It is the Sweetlf 3D... i am about to bin the thing because it basically shaves you by ripping out your facial hair.

I am new to this so read up i have to let my facial hair and skin "learn" to work with a dry shaver, this sounds like a big red flag, is this always the case or corporate nonsense? As it happens i have allowed for this but it still bloody hurts.

My facial hair is pretty tough and wiry so really i was wondering if anyone has any solid advice because im just not using this one again, it really hurts, even if i use pacific shaving oil on my face or have a hot bath to soften the hair. It still pulls unless you already basically have no need to shave. 1-2 mm is enough for this to really hurt so it seems useless.

Are the Panasonic 14-15k cpm ones better due to the 30 degree blade and high speed of the cutters? or is someone with wiry facial hair doomed to wet shaves forever more? Are Braun as good as the reviews say and worth the extra cost?

Any advice is very welcome :-)
It hates daywalkers, inbuilt apparently.

That is me fooked then hehe.

Thanks, ordered. always wanted a straight razor.

I use one of these trimmers.

gmt900n-conairman-istubble-trimmer-MAIN.png

I also have one of these for my lugs and strills.

188.png
This may be the way to go. Just keep it close enough until a wet shave can be done. Those phillips nose and ear hair trimmers are great, not had to use on my ears yet but my schnoz is sadly looking like my grandads unless i whip that out.

That's not true, they just lack the melanin* in their skin to tolerate the dry shave, it has a similar effect to small doses of sunlight.

*a pigment humans have, produced by their soul.

I’ve had a beard for years and always trim it shorter in the Summer.

I’ve had clippers that have cost upwards of £100 but am currently using a pair of Aldi’s own grooming clippers ehich I find as good as anything I’ve used before.

#1 tip - go slowly and smoothly! Don’t move the head quickly or change direction, go slowly in one direction at one time (that doesn’t mean only go in that direction every stoke, you can go in a different direction with different strokes, just don’t change direction while they are in contact with the hair/skin)

Thanks, ordered. always wanted a straight razor.

Takes a bit of getting used to, and you might end up looking like an extra from a horror move for a couple of weeks, but stick with it and it will be worth it.

Best thing about a straight razor is that it doesn't clog, so a weeks growth takes no more shaving than a days growth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.