Electric Shavers

Lol. Not shaved with one for donkeys years. I can't remember ever not cutting myself. I bought some of those Aldi 5 blade razors a while back and thought I'd try them. Definitely not recommended. Best blades I've shaved with are are Gillette, Cornerstone (available online) and Sainsbury's 6 blade razors.

They even had the audacity to introduce a sensitive range disposable Bic where the consumer bleeds out sensitively : /

I have a Philips One blade.

It can cope with long hair without pulling. It is more of trimmer than shaver, so will leave a small amount of stubble, but I only shave once or twice a week and it is great for me.

You can also do, ahem, body hair as well.
One Blade is really good for shaving, i just don't think it lasts long as a blade when you use it for trimming so i bought a pair of clippers from Amazon, cheap Chinese ones, and they've been the best ones i've ever had. Both of them together are perfect for the stubble look i have.

Never been a fan of them, having with a razor blade is the way to go if you want a close shave. I have stubble because I don't like being close shaved or have long facial hair so I just trim with a beard trimmer every few days.

Off topic but I've gone back to a safety razor... my sons bought it me for my birthday, it's superb!

I am contemplating getting as Feather AS version from Japan that's supposed be the best you can buy as shaving has now become an experience rather than a chore.. It might be my age though :-)

I almost bought a Feather razor off eBay second hand but Mrs Lady went apeshit about the risk of disease because of contact with blood and how it's "putting her at risk too".. you'd never believe she worked in the NHS where they sterilised things... My argument about the blade cutting you not the razor itself fell on deaf ears

Why eBay? New they are £200 and on eBay they go for around £125

Last edited:
I recently bought one that had countless good reviews both by "pro's" and regular amazon reviews. It is the Sweetlf 3D... i am about to bin the thing because it basically shaves you by ripping out your facial hair.

I am new to this so read up i have to let my facial hair and skin "learn" to work with a dry shaver, this sounds like a big red flag, is this always the case or corporate nonsense? As it happens i have allowed for this but it still bloody hurts.

My facial hair is pretty tough and wiry so really i was wondering if anyone has any solid advice because im just not using this one again, it really hurts, even if i use pacific shaving oil on my face or have a hot bath to soften the hair. It still pulls unless you already basically have no need to shave. 1-2 mm is enough for this to really hurt so it seems useless.

Are the Panasonic 14-15k cpm ones better due to the 30 degree blade and high speed of the cutters? or is someone with wiry facial hair doomed to wet shaves forever more? Are Braun as good as the reviews say and worth the extra cost?

Any advice is very welcome :-)

Did you try turning it on before using it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.