Electric Shavers

I recently bought one that had countless good reviews both by "pro's" and regular amazon reviews. It is the Sweetlf 3D... i am about to bin the thing because it basically shaves you by ripping out your facial hair.

I am new to this so read up i have to let my facial hair and skin "learn" to work with a dry shaver, this sounds like a big red flag, is this always the case or corporate nonsense? As it happens i have allowed for this but it still bloody hurts.

My facial hair is pretty tough and wiry so really i was wondering if anyone has any solid advice because im just not using this one again, it really hurts, even if i use pacific shaving oil on my face or have a hot bath to soften the hair. It still pulls unless you already basically have no need to shave. 1-2 mm is enough for this to really hurt so it seems useless.

Are the Panasonic 14-15k cpm ones better due to the 30 degree blade and high speed of the cutters? or is someone with wiry facial hair doomed to wet shaves forever more? Are Braun as good as the reviews say and worth the extra cost?

Any advice is very welcome :-)

Try plugging it in you dozy ging.

I have a Philips One blade.

It can cope with long hair without pulling. It is more of trimmer than shaver, so will leave a small amount of stubble, but I only shave once or twice a week and it is great for me.

You can also do, ahem, body hair as well.

I can't use an electric razor for the same reasons as the OP. I am not ginger but do carry the mc1r gene and have a few freckles. Maybe their is a correlation between sensitive skin and this gene typo. A wet shave all the way for me and most of them do the job exceptionally well except for the shitters like Bic where you will need a full on blood transfusion.

I can't use an electric razor for the same reasons as the OP. I am not ginger but do carry the mc1r gene and have a few freckles. Maybe their is a correlation between sensitive skin and this gene typo. A wet shave all the way for me and most of them do the job exceptionally well except for the shitters like Bic where you will need a full on blood transfusion.
Lol. Not shaved with one for donkeys years. I can't remember ever not cutting myself. I bought some of those Aldi 5 blade razors a while back and thought I'd try them. Definitely not recommended. Best blades I've shaved with are are Gillette, Cornerstone (available online) and Sainsbury's 6 blade razors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.