Eleven Sports

Blue Hefner

As people probably know, Eleven Sports have won the rights to the Italian and Spanish leagues, amongst others - an annual pass is £49.99 but they do not have a TV station, it is a 100% streaming service whether. Apparently they are showing the 'big' game each week from Italy and Spain free on Facebook

What are people's thoughts? Anyone subscribed, anyone thinking of doing so?

Facebooks has the rights for the next 3 years of Spanish football in India and some other country can’t remamber who so vpn you’ll get it

£49.99 is cheap considering what Sky and BT charge. Is this the way forward or will Eleven Sport go the same way as ITV Digital?

I think the Italian guy that owns Leeds also owns all, or part of Eleven Sports. His previous business was also buying and selling media rights (MP and Silva) and they have just had their contract with the Scottish League terminated for failing to pay on multiple occasions. In fairness I don't believe he is involved anymore.

I think an online subscription service is the way football is heading - I was expecting the PL to launch a platform for the midweek games they couldn't sell.

I don't see this particular incarnation being that successful unless they can get some English football or UEFA competitions, but that will cost them more and so the cost to customers will be more. I'm not sure how deep their pockets are.

I think the Italian guy that owns Leeds also owns all, or part of Eleven Sports. His previous business was also buying and selling media rights (MP and Silva) and they have just had their contract with the Scottish League terminated for failing to pay on multiple occasions. In fairness I don't believe he is involved anymore.

I think an online subscription service is the way football is heading - I was expecting the PL to launch a platform for the midweek games they couldn't sell.

I don't see this particular incarnation being that successful unless they can get some English football or UEFA competitions, but that will cost them more and so the cost to customers will be more. I'm not sure how deep their pockets are.

I think the NowTV model is great and I think buying games you want to watch rather than sign up for an expensive 12-24 month contract is the way I see it going

I think the NowTV model is great and I think buying games you want to watch rather than sign up for an expensive 12-24 month contract is the way I see it going
Me too.

The EFL has customised streaming abroad. It was wired watching Forest v Reading with Radio Nottingham commentary through their official app. It's obviously done as cheap as possible using the club's in house TV channels (it was in SD).

People who can't get to all the matches would happily pay a tenner to watch their club matches or a couple of hundred quid 'season ticket'

Me too.

The EFL has customised streaming abroad. It was wired watching Forest v Reading with Radio Nottingham commentary through their official app. It's obviously done as cheap as possible using the club's in house TV channels (it was in SD).

People who can't get to all the matches would happily pay a tenner to watch their club matches or a couple of hundred quid 'season ticket'
Said this before, I'm not paying €750 a year for Sky and BT sports to see 25 City games when I can stream every game for free, I'd quite happily pay half that for all City and Arsenal games (she's an Arsenal fan).

Tbh, deals like the facebook one with La Liga, show how far behind England and the PL/EFL are in terms of embracing technology to allow fans to watch their own teams constantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.