Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude i've played the sport at a decent level. academy level in the states. i know the mental aspect is a huge part of the game, especially at cb. part of the reason i defend him so much is bc i was a very similar type of player. he's raw as fuck but the man does not lack the talent. His ball control and dribbling really is not poor at all. watch some highlights of him. he can make people miss and goes on some surprising runs. composure kills him and yes, for that reason it will always be difficult for him. but we will see. i'll definitely be rooting for him if he stays

I don't need to watch highlight videos, I've seen him play upwards of sixty games. Highlight videos would show things like him dribbling past Lukaku in a friendly, so what? I've seen John O'Shea nutmeg Luis Figo but it didn't make him a decent player.

I'll be rooting for him just as much as you if he plays. I honestly love when our players make me look stupid for criticising them because it means we're succeeding but right now I feel it's perfectly reasonable to say he's simply not good enough and not someone I want to end up relying on when our other options in that department can't play.

I think that we just have to get behind the fella unless we can go out and bring in another CB. What happens if you bring someone in and he ends up being worse than Mangala? People seems to forget that there were people on here waxing lyrical about Mangala when he first signed especially after his performance against Chelsea (Mike Doyle eat your heart out).

What I like about him is that he has never once got his arse out like Nasri and/or Hart he has just got on with playing. Personally I think that there is enough there to work with for him to stay and knuckle down. A back 3 will help him and give him the confidence that he needs to succeed at the club. Against the big clubs like the rags when he is up against the likes of Lukaku and Fellani with those agricultural balls that they like to play in he will be an asset. Stop the bitching and lets see if Pep can turn this rough diamond into a gem.

I think that we just have to get behind the fella unless we can go out and bring in another CB. What happens if you bring someone in and he ends up being worse than Mangala? People seems to forget that there were people on here waxing lyrical about Mangala when he first signed especially after his performance against Chelsea (Mike Doyle eat your heart out).

What I like about him is that he has never once got his arse out like Nasri and/or Hart he has just got on with playing. Personally I think that there is enough there to work with for him to stay and knuckle down. A back 3 will help him and give him the confidence that he needs to succeed at the club. Against the big clubs like the rags when he is up against the likes of Lukaku and Fellani with those agricultural balls that they like to play in he will be an asset. Stop the bitching and lets see if Pep can turn this rough diamond into a gem.

Fully agree with this. He would be a guaranteed starter for many premier league teams. He just needs a bit of confidence and the system we have started would suit him well.

Fully agree with this. He would be a guaranteed starter for many premier league teams. He just needs a bit of confidence and the system we have started would suit him well.
Not the ones that will challenge for the title though. Not sure guaranteed starter for mid table PL club is what we want.

If he feels ok not being an automatic starter up until the monent he proofs he is better than the ones ahead of him in the pecking order, I have absolutely no objection having Mangala as one of a few to pick from for playing in defence. I think he is decent enough to be a squad member.

Not the ones that will challenge for the title though. Not sure guaranteed starter for mid table PL club is what we want.

Horses for courses mate that's what its all about he will be very useful when they have a big lad up front and rely on set pieces like the rags and WBA. We all know that Vinny is not going to be able to play a full season and having Mangala to come in to give him some rest bite is only going to help our cause. As we have seen with Sane Pep can be very good at managing his players development. Granted Mangala was bounced out on loan last season without playing for Pep because he didn’t rate him. Unless we are going to bring in a CB then for me its put up or shut up concerning Mangala.

Savic played for us 20 times when we won the title, and he was awful back then.

Zouma played for Chelsea and is now at Stoke.

Wasilewski
won the title with Leicester.

Why do people keep pretending you need 4 world class centrebacks to win the title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.