Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did shrugged off the ball but Otamendi was ball watching when he should have been marking the West Ham player before he nodded in from the corner.

Maybe he will prove you wrong but right now he is at the club and will be playing for the foreseeable. Unless someone puts in a bid and we replace him then its a case of suck it up until then

I'm always hopeful of players proving me wrong,rarely happens mind,seen far too many City matches involving players that never impressed me,,maybe I'm hard to please,but not really considering the dross I've witnessed over the years.

If VK stays fit and Stones is back soon,Mangala will be lucky to get a place on the bench to be honest

It's the exact opposite.

Anyone who dare suggest he's not Franz Beckenbauer is a rag. It's possible, shocker, to not rate a player even if he plays for your team.

I don't rate him myself. I just don't feel the need to get on his back after every game, seemingly regardless of how well he actually performs.

I don't rate him myself. I just don't feel the need to get on his back after every game, seemingly regardless of how well he actually performs.
I never want to get on his back. Every game I want him to prove me wrong and then...the potentially game losing gaff he always manages to get in there and has done since the day he joined us. The days of giving the lad a chance are gone and the more he plays, the more chance we could drop serious points and our CL ambitions come to a speedy halt. I’m not making this stuff up, you’ve seen him play. Yes, he’s not terrible but his error prone ways could really cost us. As they have in previous seasons. It’s a worry, and a real one at that.

I never want to get on his back. Every game I want him to prove me wrong and then...the potentially game losing gaff he always manages to get in there and has done since the day he joined us. The days of giving the lad a chance are gone and the more he plays, the more chance we could drop serious points and our CL ambitions come to a speedy halt. I’m not making this stuff up, you’ve seen him play. Yes, he’s not terrible but his error prone ways could really cost us. As they have in previous seasons. It’s a worry, and a real one at that.

Then why haven't I seen you on the Danilo and Ederson threads after their game losing errors last night? Mangala gave away a single half chance last night and his thread has had by far the most activity with most people slating him. It's daft; he didn't have a bad game.

Then why haven't I seen you on the Danilo and Ederson threads after their game losing errors last night? Mangala gave away a single half chance last night and his thread has had by far the most activity with most people slating him. It's daft; he didn't have a bad game.
How can you expect me to take that reply seriously? Ederson has been nothing short of immense and Danilo hasn’t had much game time (and it’s both their first seasons). None of which can be said of Mangala. If either of them were consistently bad, then yes, I would say something but it’s not the case...at all.

How can you expect me to take that reply seriously? Ederson has been nothing short of immense and Danilo hasn’t had much game time (and it’s both their first seasons). None of which can be said of Mangala. If either of them were consistently bad, then yes, I would say something but it’s not the case...at all.

Fair enough on Ederson but it's also Mangala's first season under Pep and he's not had huge amounts of game time either.

Fair enough on Ederson but it's also Mangala's first season under Pep and he's not had huge amounts of game time either.
Ah, come on Stu. It’s not his first season here though is it? And the gaffs he’s shown game-in-game-out before Pep arrived are still happening when he plays under his stewardship. What does that tell you?

Ah, come on Stu. It’s not his first season here though is it? And the gaffs he’s shown game-in-game-out before Pep arrived are still happening when he plays under his stewardship. What does that tell you?
This is the big problem with him - in every game he has played for us bar the Chelsea game when he first arrived, he has one glaring mistake in him. Sometimes those mistakes go unpunished but surely we cannot purport to be on the same level as RM,BM and Barca with Mangala in the team.

This is the big problem with him - in every game he has played for us bar the Chelsea game when he first arrived, he has one glaring mistake in him. Sometimes those mistakes go unpunished but surely we cannot purport to be on the same level as RM,BM and Barca with Mangala in the team.

I like the lad and also accept he doesn't have the necessary tools for what we want and will probably not be here next season but if we go back 12 months, Ota (in some blues eyes) was dropping bollocks in every game "potentially" losing us points and had to be replaced.

Has the mangler actually cost us points in any games we have played this season - no.

It's the exact opposite.

Anyone who dare suggest he's not Franz Beckenbauer is a rag. It's possible, shocker, to not rate a player even if he plays for your team.

This. At the end of the day we support the club not individual players.

It's very difficult to have a debate of any sort on BM these days as it quickly turns personal and he said she said. Full of tub thumping angry people waiting for an argument. Shame really. Not enough supporters of other clubs on BM imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.