Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think he's a decent 4th choice CB, the main concern for me being that he just isn't comfortable with his right foot, controlling or passing the ball. If Kompany was more reliable injury wise I think we'd have an excellent set of 4 CBs.

I think that is a fair statement

He is a lot more comfortable on his weaker for than any of the other CB's are, I have seen him use his right much more than the others use their left foot, so it's not a fair statement. He is just not too comfortable with both feet.

He is a lot more comfortable on his weaker for than any of the other CB's are, I have seen him use his right much more than the others use their left foot, so it's not a fair statement. He is just not too comfortable with both feet.
He's 4th choice and will not be at the same level as those who are ahead of him. He has improved this season as can be seen and has been playing the ball a lot more of late. I simply think he is measured against those far superior in ability and hence gets a lot of negative posts, most of which is vitriol which is quite sad

It it's a choice between him being 4th choice CB until the end of the season or signing Jonny Evans, I'd stick with Managala all day.

Really did well today. Could have folded under the pressure coming on as a sub and I know he's aware of the criticism. Great work.

Not going to lie, I was terrified seeing him come on, but he was immense today!

Made 3 absolutely vital clearances - including the one after Ederson's big double save - and generally cleaned out every United player who dared compete against him for a ball in the air. He dealt with Rashford well too in wide areas.

If we go on to win the league, he made his contribution tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.