Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know what,I'm not a boo boy against him,but I think he is one lucky guy to be still involved with us,and that is mainly down to two things really, 1) we didn't buy any cover and 2) he is shite,so there were no takers.

I also think he did ok on Sunday right upto the end when he got shrugged off the ball which almost cost us 2 points,but going forward......................got to be gone,anywhere/somewhere

One of his biggest problems, of which there are plenty, is that he has no credits in the bank with the fans. He is playing ok at the min but has one or two huge errors in him every game and when he hasn't really performed at a high level since his debut, we as fans jump all over it. When push comes to shove he is a very average defender, that we paid top-class defender money for and he is never going to be good enough to live up to the price-tag. If anyone was willing to give us some money for him, he would have already left the club.

One of his biggest problems, of which there are plenty, is that he has no credits in the bank with the fans. He is playing ok at the min but has one or two huge errors in him every game and when he hasn't really performed at a high level since his debut, we as fans jump all over it. When push comes to shove he is a very average defender, that we paid top-class defender money for and he is never going to be good enough to live up to the price-tag. If anyone was willing to give us some money for him, he would have already left the club.

I agree with almost everything you say, except there were clubs willing to take Mangala in the summer but none appealed to him apart from Inter Milan who were being typically Italian in their negotiations
I feel a bit sorry for Mangala in last night's game. He was playing in a three with a very poor Toure sat in front of him and also a very out of form Gundogan
As already said, he's just not good enough and cannot be relied on and I think that Tosin should now be in as our fourth choice and given as much opportunity as possible. He cannot be any worse than Mangala

And you know what,I'm not a boo boy against him,but I think he is one lucky guy to be still involved with us,and that is mainly down to two things really, 1) we didn't buy any cover and 2) he is shite,so there were no takers.

I also think he did ok on Sunday right upto the end when he got shrugged off the ball which almost cost us 2 points,but going forward......................got to be gone,anywhere/somewhere

He did shrugged off the ball but Otamendi was ball watching when he should have been marking the West Ham player before he nodded in from the corner.

Maybe he will prove you wrong but right now he is at the club and will be playing for the foreseeable. Unless someone puts in a bid and we replace him then its a case of suck it up until then

I agree with almost everything you say, except there were clubs willing to take Mangala in the summer but none appealed to him apart from Inter Milan who were being typically Italian in their negotiations
I feel a bit sorry for Mangala in last night's game. He was playing in a three with a very poor Toure sat in front of him and also a very out of form Gundogan
As already said, he's just not good enough and cannot be relied on and I think that Tosin should now be in as our fourth choice and given as much opportunity as possible. He cannot be any worse than Mangala

I think Tosin has as much iffy about him as Mangala. He often seems just too casual. I've seen him a fair number of times over the last couple fo seasons, and, cool as he is, he's not waterproof! We have been spoilt by the job that V and J did for Mancini and I think that is the bench mark that people are using, but those two had Nige and GazBaz in front of them - protection of the highest order. Ferny ia a fantastic player, Yaya has seen much, much better days and neither do not provide the cover of yesterday-seasons. Also, every lad, Jack and Mangala is expected to play quality football as well as attacking football. Few teams play out from the back. Much of the PL have a defensive tactic of getting it up to the opposition half as quickly as possible and that often means one pass. We must be taking six or seven passes minimum these days to get to the halfway line. I'm not advocating a bit of hoofball, but last night I turned to my fellow viewer and said that move contained three unnecessary passes. It's the kind of 'defending' and football that doesn't suit a lot. Indeed, Pep had to educate virtually the entire team last season as to how he wanted the game played. Sadly, few footballers can do it, and it seems that The Mangler is one. He'd have been perfect for any period from '55-95!

Being honest not many shined last night the set up was a bit all over the place. I will put it out there Mangala is the John Stones project for Pep this season. Stones last season under Pep was poor and was dropped time and again. Mangala is that project if Pep can get Mangala used of the ball better and Mangala cuts down the mistakes he is as good as Otamendi for me. Otamendi is rash and can cost us points as much as Mangala but Otamendi pops up with a few goals and he is a fans favourite. Being honest I think over the next 2 seasons we will have Stones in there and we will need a replacements for the other senior centre halves.

Last night he started off in a back three with an out of position 17yr old as the left wing back and a 20yr old in the back three. Then I think the system changed to a four then back again to a three. He did ok last night, nothing more and nothing less. However would I want him as part of a first choice centre half pairing - no. Is he better than Tosin - yes (not convinced by Tosin at all) are there better back up centre halfs out there - yes. Would I back him against Lumpykaku on Sunday - yes. Why? Because he will have a blue shirt on and that's the end of it. Good or bad they are blues.

Being honest not many shined last night the set up was a bit all over the place. I will put it out there Mangala is the John Stones project for Pep this season. Stones last season under Pep was poor and was dropped time and again. Mangala is that project if Pep can get Mangala used of the ball better and Mangala cuts down the mistakes he is as good as Otamendi for me. Otamendi is rash and can cost us points as much as Mangala but Otamendi pops up with a few goals and he is a fans favourite. Being honest I think over the next 2 seasons we will have Stones in there and we will need a replacements for the other senior centre halves.
You’re not even being sarcastic are you? As good a delusional post in this thread as any I’ve read.

Last edited:
he seems like a decent lad. Never moans, gets on with it. he is a likeable bloke because you can tell he is putting absolutely everything he has into it.. maybe thats the issue, he's made even passing the ball a big thing in his head and can't remember how to move his legs.

He won't survive another two windows.

Similarly, what's the point of a player can never do anything right according to some. Mangala made one error yesterday in giving away possession about 40 years from goal and he's getting slated to fuck.

And now apparently people who point out that that might be a little unfair 'aren't proper fans'. ****ish statement when you've run out of arguments.
It's the exact opposite.

Anyone who dare suggest he's not Franz Beckenbauer is a rag. It's possible, shocker, to not rate a player even if he plays for your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.